Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bluetooth Audio on Dockstar

Posted by Chris 
Chris
Bluetooth Audio on Dockstar
October 05, 2012 11:11AM
Has Anyone had any luck with this? My dockstar recognizes my bluetooth adapter, has been able to pair with other devices, etc, but I cant do anything audio related with it. I can even connect to bluetooth headsets, and have my phones connect to the dockstar to use as a headset, but can not pass the audio anywhere. If I open the gnome sound manager I can only see my usb soundcard as an output device, no bluetooth devices.

Ideally what I'd like to figure out how to do is get the dockstar to be seen by phones/tablets/laptops around the house as a bluetooth a2dp headset and accept requests automatically with a default pin (0000) and output recieved audio to the usb soundcard. (which is hooked up to my home theater system). I currently do the same with the dockstar for Airport audio via shairport, and it works great, but limits it to devices with wifi on and airport audio support.

Have looked at many various things on the web but got nothing working, any help or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.