Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

tunnelling web browsing in SSH connection

Posted by Chrisprols 
tunnelling web browsing in SSH connection
January 10, 2013 04:48AM
Hi all !

I'm having trouble using a tunnelled connection for my web browsing.

At home I have my dockstar behind my internet box. I managed to have a terminal of my dockstar by using putty at work through my internet box. The only difficulty was to redirect the 443 port of my internet box to the 22 on my dockstar ... they don't like me using the port 22 too much at work :/

So ok, I connect to the dockstar and run different things on command line.
Now I want my web browsing to do the same : I'm at work and I want the connection to go through putty (yep, I'm on windows there).

What I've done :
connect to the dockstar with SSH. that's done.
check that AllowTcpForwarding is yes in the /etc/init.d/sshd_config. I checked, and I had to add this line.
configure putty. yes I've added some parameters in putty>connection>SSH>Tunnels. I added a source port (3128) with "Dynamic" and "Auto".
configure my navigator. in Chrome, I open the internet properties, then LAN settings, uncheck all except "Proxy Server", where I put "localhost" and the port I selected "3128".

From all the websites I browsed : it should be all ... but it doesn't work.
I tried /etc/init.d/ssh restart ... but that didn't help.

Any hint ?
police
Re: tunnelling web browsing in SSH connection
February 04, 2013 04:35PM
hi,

use firefox. goto about:config. network.proxy.socks_remote_dns

this enables dns through proxy

maybe this will work
Re: tunnelling web browsing in SSH connection
February 05, 2013 01:20PM
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.