Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Modyfi DTB

Posted by Audrius 
Modyfi DTB
May 31, 2024 04:31AM
Hello,

Please tell me how to modify DTB file ? I want to add beepper/buzzer functionality to NSA310. If I without modifying source for testing converting kirkwood-nsa310.dtb to kirkwood-nsa310.dts (dtc -I dtb -O dts -f kirkwood-nsa310.dtb -o kirkwood-nsa310.dts) and back kirkwood-nsa310.dts to kirkwood-nsa310.dtb (dtc -I dts -O dtb -f kirkwood-nsa310.dts -o kirkwood-nsa310.dtb). Converted kirkwood-nsa310.dtb became non identical to original kirkwood-nsa310.dtb and NAS310 don't boot. Maybe it is possible use overlays files for this ?

Beeper mod: https://forum.doozan.com/read.php?2,27108,32171#msg-32171
Re: Modyfi DTB
May 31, 2024 04:51PM
Audrius,

> Beeper mod:
> https://forum.doozan.com/read.php?2,27108,32171#msg-32171

That's not for the NSA310 box. The buzzer is implemented differently for each box. In general, there are 2 ways to implement a buzzer. Most NAS use either GPIO or serial port to activate the buzzer, some use I2C.

For this Zyxel NSA310, I don't recall we know how to activate the buzzer. Does it work in stock OS? If it does, then it's controlled by either GPIO or I2C. If it is GPIO then you need to find that GPIO number. If it's I2C then you need to find the I2C command.

If it does work in stock OS, then perhaps boot to stock OS and look for for a script that activate the buzzer. And we'll see if it can be added to the DTS (in case it uses GPIO).

Knowing how Zyxel NAS usually implement these sensor and alarm, I'm almost certain that it uses I2C command.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.