Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PogoPlug P-22 hack

Posted by boilerboy 
PogoPlug P-22 hack
November 03, 2013 05:21PM
I have been looking for a long time to try to install some sort of OS besides the standard software to my Pogo-P22. I have succesffuly SSH into the device. I have followed some forums but to my sadness, it has not been a success. Any help at all?
Re: PogoPlug P-22 hack
November 04, 2013 10:06AM
is that a Kirkwood or an OXNAS? (probably an OXNAS)
November 04, 2013 10:31AM
I have no idea. Is there an easy way for me to find out?
November 04, 2013 07:36PM
Post output of "cat /proc/cpuinfo". Also, is there a label on the bottom of the pogo's foot? If so what the model number printed on it.
November 05, 2013 02:24AM
This is the output I get:

"Processor : ARMv6-compatible processor rev 5 (v6l)
processor : 0
BogoMIPS : 279.34

processor : 1
BogoMIPS : 279.34

Features : swp half thumb fastmult edsp java
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant : 0x0
CPU part : 0xb02
CPU revision : 5

Hardware : Oxsemi NAS
Revision : 0000
Serial : 0000000000000000
"
Its a Pogo-P22 according to the label on the underside of the foot of the device.
November 05, 2013 03:25AM
November 05, 2013 05:51AM
And if you feel like trying Debian (after having installed Arch!), then you could have a look at this:
https://github.com/ingmar-k/Pogoplug_V3_Emdebian_Debian.git
November 06, 2013 07:28PM
So I was able to install Arch Linux. However what I cannot understand is why when I update via Pacman I get this error message.

"error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
filesystem: /bin exists in filesystem
filesystem: /sbin exists in filesystem
filesystem: /usr/sbin exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
[root@ ~]#
"
Any ideas?
I found this.
http://archlinuxarm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=6104
But does this mean that not everything necessary is being upgraded that needs to be upgraded?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2013 07:50PM by boilerboy.
November 06, 2013 08:01PM
Now that I have it all updated, I would like to get it set up as best as possible for it to be a media center. I have about 10TB of memory that I want connected to it so then I can have remote access to all of my movies wherever I am, I travel a lot and it would be nice to watch a movie from my netbook or tablet. It would be nice for it to almost act like the original pogo online software however I want the added functionality of Linux.

Thanks all for your help!
duh
February 14, 2014 02:38AM
boilerboy ur an idiot. to get what you want, you'll have to setup a server on your archlinux, make sure your isp allows port forwarding, make sure your router allows port-forwarding, and configure your router to port-forward to your server. you'll also need an sftp client like sftp net drive, which is free. i doubt it'll be able to handle 10 tb, using usb flash? are you serious. gluck with this project it'll probably never happen for you sorry.

if you really wanted to use it the way it was intended, you should've left it as a pogoplug instead of turning it into a nice internal-only file-server toy.
February 17, 2014 08:59AM
Or, just load the pogopolug software on top of linux, it is doable, if entirely unsupported.

Then the downside of the pogoplug software...
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.