Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PogoPlug V4 SSH inaccessible

Posted by navporky 
PogoPlug V4 SSH inaccessible
January 05, 2016 08:34AM
Hello,

I followed Aaron Randall's blog (I referred qnology as well) and got Samba 3 working along with stock Pogoplug. I further edited the init scripts to autostart the Samba deamon successfully. However, later while making some changes in the same init script, I think I screwed up and now I am unable to access the device over SSH.

I do have the backup of the init script but as I am unable to access over SSH, I am unable to fix it. Is connecting over serial the only option to rescue? I also read up restoring mtd0 but it required cesvcid and MAC to be specified, while MAC is ok, I am not sure where to obtain the cesvcid from - also it required serial connectivity.

I do not care about pogoplug service - my main interest is Samba and Transmission. Please do guide.

PS: Kindly do excuse me if I am posting at a wrong forum.
Re: PogoPlug V4 SSH inaccessible
January 05, 2016 10:40AM
navporky,

> with stock Pogoplug.

> now I am unable to access the device over
> SSH.

Unfortunately, with stock Pogoplug the only way you can recover is to connect serial console. Once you connect serial, you can install new rootfs on USB and optionally new u-boot to run full Debian.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
January 05, 2016 12:37PM
If you are running stock, have you tried the Pogoplug website to see if the device is still appear online. Pogoplug service was no longer a free service, so I am not sure you can do that. In case it is possible, you could try to reset SSH at the Pogo website.

-bodhi
Forum Wiki
January 05, 2016 09:17PM
Hi Bodhi,

Thank you for the quick revert.

My device LED keeps blinking (green) endlessly now. I do not think its connecting to PogoPlug service anymore. The website is only allowing to "unregister" the device and enabling SSH option (section) does not appear under security. I tried to see if it can detect under "Activate new pogoplug device" but it is failing to locate the device.

So, now is the option only recovery using serial ? Can you point me to the thread with more details on enabling and connecting over serial?
January 05, 2016 10:57PM
Look at this Tutorials and Tips sticky post, there is a Serial Console section.
http://forum.doozan.com/read.php?2,23630

-bodhi
Forum Wiki

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2016 03:18AM by bodhi.
January 06, 2016 03:18AM
Specifically this post: http://forum.doozan.com/read.php?8,13263,13264#msg-13264

You could connect serial temporarily without soldering: http://forum.doozan.com/read.php?8,24951,24995#msg-24995

-bodhi
Forum Wiki
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.