Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Update broke dependencies - samba no longer available

Posted by brenwaterys 
Update broke dependencies - samba no longer available
January 17, 2014 11:39AM
I have been running Debian Wheezy on my pink PogoPlug for a year or so now and just recently samba quit working and I can't seem to get it installed again. I don't know if it was an update that I installed that broke things or for sure what is going on. Thus I am here looking for help. I have been using Webmin to do most of the management of the install and I have been trying to keep most of the packages updated. There have been about 20-25 packages that have failed to update when I run the update all but most of them have dealt with kerberos and X11 so I haven't been worried about missing out on those updates. Recently though Samba quit working so I have been digging into why. It appears as if I have some dependency / version issues with some of the packages. For example when I try "apt-get install samba" I get the following output:

samba : Depends: libwbclient0 (= 2:3.6.6-6+deb7u2) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libacl1 (>= 2.2.51-8) but 2.2.49-4 is to be installed
Depends: libattr1 (>= 1:2.4.46-8) but 1:2.4.44-2 is to be installed
Depends: libgssapi-krb5-2 (>= 1.10+dfsg~) but 1.8.3+dfsg-4squeeze6 is to be installed
Depends: libkrb5-3 (>= 1.10+dfsg~) but 1.8.3+dfsg-4squeeze6 is to be installed
Depends: libtalloc2 (>= 2.0.4~git20101213) but 2.0.1-1 is to be installed
Depends: libtdb1 (>= 1.2.7+git20101214) but it is not going to be installed

Seeing this error I have tried apt-get update / upgrade / dist-upgrade etc.. without success. I have also looked at some of the other package upgrades that are failing and they seem to be tied to one of these dependencies and apt wanting to install older versions of a package when a newer version is required. I tried apt-get install libacl1 and it says that the latest version is installed.

Suggestions? Thanks for any help.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.