Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

(FIXED) Last kernel problems ? (FIXED)

Posted by rekom 
(FIXED) Last kernel problems ? (FIXED)
October 04, 2010 05:42AM
Hello all,

I just upgraded my debian dockstars with the last kernel (can't remember which one exactly) and i can't ssh them anymore.
I installed a paranoid setup of fail2ban on the first one so at first i thought i just f****d up the setting and it would ban me...
But on my second dockstar which is almost a clean install after i rebooted i couldn't connect anymore too...

Am I the only one in this situation ?

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2010 08:32AM by rekom.
Re: Last kernel problems ?
October 04, 2010 05:47AM
maybe it's just again the problem of 70-persitent-network rules (in /etc/udev/rules.d/) ,-)
so that eth0 is renamed to eth1 and eth1 is not configured.

otherways use a serial connection to debug.
October 04, 2010 06:40AM
Thanks for your quick awnser. I'm not really into soldering stuff and i don't really think i can manage to install a serial port.
Do you think there could be others ways to fix the problem ? Can i unplug my system usbkey and edit the file on another box ?

Thanks again
October 04, 2010 06:56AM
Ok i checked both :
/etc/network/interfaces
/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules

And everything seems perfectly normal :/
October 04, 2010 08:19AM
It sounds like you were successful in mounting your usb drive on another system. That should help a lot.

If you can check the status of the networking files, you can also look in /boot and see which kernel version(s) you have. You may also be able to look in /var/log/dpkg.log (look for "image" to see when it was upgraded by apt-get/aptitude/dpkg) and maybe /var/log/dmesg for some bootup information (the kernel version you're trying to boot will be one of the first lines in the log file). Also, if you run "ls -ltr /var/log" you can see which log files were updated on your last boot; that might help show any errors.
October 04, 2010 08:32AM
Ok thanks for this wonderfull forum and your help i managed to fix my problem using this post :
http://forum.doozan.com/read.php?2,1042,1111#msg-1111
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.