Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Permission denied on usb (trying to run transmission)

Posted by Tushar 
Permission denied on usb (trying to run transmission)
April 08, 2017 03:42PM
Hi,

I have installed transmission on the pogo v4. Also setup automounting (hotplug) USB drives as per this link http://forum.doozan.com/read.php?2,24139

The plan, I thought was I will plug in a 8GB usb drive and start to download using transmission. I have configured transmission settings.json like below:

"download-dir": "/media/usb0",
"incomplete-dir": "/var/lib/transmission-daemon/Downloads", 
"incomplete-dir-enabled": false,

But the problem is whenever I start adding torrent (doing via web ui), it seems like initially the downloading stars but about 5/10 seconds later it's showing error message:

Error:
Permission denied (/media/usb0/2017-03-02-raspbian-jessie.zip)

Do I need to set some kind of permission to the USB stick? Please advice. Error screenshot attached.

Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2017 03:43PM by Tushar.
Attachments:
open | download - error.png (57.8 KB)
Re: Permission denied on usb (trying to run transmission)
April 08, 2017 04:29PM
Tushar,

> "download-dir": "/media/usb0",

Don't download directly to the root folder of the USB drive, create a folder there and set the permission to 777.

"incomplete-dir": "/media/usb0/BitTorrent/Incomplete", 
"download-dir": "/media/usb0/BitTorrent/", 
"watch-dir": "/media/usb0/BitTorrent",

chmod -R 777 /media/usb0/BitTorrent

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
Re: Permission denied on usb (trying to run transmission)
May 17, 2017 12:09AM
Just for the sake of inspiring others to be safer than myself, the way I do it is to have a Samba folder and have a Transmission folder within, and grab completed files over regular LAN. It' s certainly not safe, and in my case is used for goodie-two-shoes stuff like LibreOffice and Linux images.

=========
-= Cloud 9 =-
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.