Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dockstar cannot ping outside in native mode

Posted by twinclouds 
Dockstar cannot ping outside in native mode
February 07, 2014 10:59PM
Hi,
I have an dockstar it's uboot has never been updated. When I try to run it with no USB attached, it can connect to my local network fine but cannot ping outside. I think it is dns server problem but I don't know where is the network configulation file. Hope somebody can help. Thanks.
Re: Dockstar cannot ping outside in native mode
February 07, 2014 11:26PM
twinclouds,

Did you check /etc/resolv.conf ? try to have only Google name server in this file
nameserver 8.8.8.8

Later, you might also want to kill Pogoplug process:
killall -q hbwd

It's been a while so I only vaguely remember what the original OS looks like running.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
Re: Dockstar cannot ping outside in native mode
February 08, 2014 04:46PM
Hi, Bodhi:
Thank you for your prompt reply as always. The problem I found was that I am experimenting vpn for my home network. Somehow the Dockstar was signed a vpn IP address. The vpn can only connect to the internal ip addresses but not external. I need to find out how to fix that. However, after disabling the vpn server, everything works now.
In any case, I really appreciate your help.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.