Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pogoplug Pro SATA, Help Needed

Posted by bpohl 
Pogoplug Pro SATA, Help Needed
June 24, 2020 02:50PM
I have a small stable of E02s but this is my first Pro. I've spent a while in this board and have gotten quite a bit sorted on my own and the Pro boots fine off the microSD in the USB, but I'm at a loss for getting the internal SATA to be recognized. I'm not worrying about booting from the SATA (yet), I just want to read it as a data disk.

I'm using Debian-4.14.180-oxnas-tld-1-rootfs-bodhi.tar.bz2 and I tried using the DTB from this thread, https://forum.doozan.com/read.php?2,101694,101719#msg-101719 but switched back to the one in the rootfs archive when I realized it would be a later version.

I've attached the console boot log where I let it go until it started looping on trying to reset the interface, then unplugged the the SATA drive to let it finish booting.

Any suggestions?
Attachments:
open | download - minicom.cap (26 KB)
Re: Pogoplug Pro SATA, Help Needed
June 24, 2020 04:53PM
bpohl,

> I've attached the console boot log where I let it
> go until it started looping on trying to reset the
> interface, then unplugged the the SATA drive to
> let it finish booting.
>

It might be a bad SATA cable. When you plug in SATA before booting, it should already be recognized bt u-boot before the kernel started. But it was not.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
June 24, 2020 05:09PM
Forgot to add:

My current_envs.txt is attached.

I have a dedicated "CD-ROM" cable re-pinned for my USB-to-TTL so I always use the serial console on new 'plugs.

Yes, I tested the drive on my laptop before putting it on the 'plug.
Attachments:
open | download - current_envs.txt (3 KB)
June 24, 2020 05:13PM
Bodhi,

Thanks for the reply. My last post crossed yours "in the mail."

You are right. I tried only the drive, not the same SATA cable. I'll go get another that I can verify.

I'll let you know.
June 24, 2020 06:29PM
Um, no mention of drive power. I would be curious of how the drive is being powered, in addition to the data cable.
June 24, 2020 06:40PM
LeggoMyEggo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Um, no mention of drive power. I would be curious
> of how the drive is being powered, in addition to
> the data cable.

Right! It could be that.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
June 24, 2020 06:51PM
Yup. Hardware problem. It may have been either that the case I was using didn't allow the data cable to fully connect, as I found out when using a different data cable, or it could have been power. The power supply I use for testing is for hard drives but has an old Molex 4-pin connector and the 4 to 15-pin pigtail may have had an intermittent problem.

Either way, it is working now so thanks.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.