Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Running RTL_SDR on Linux, GLIBC

Posted by Matthew Montano 
Matthew Montano
Running RTL_SDR on Linux, GLIBC
November 13, 2022 05:58PM
I've been trying to get RTL_SDR to run on Debian 7 and I keep receiving the following errors when trying to run the RTL_SDR binary:

/usr/bin/rtl_sdr: /lib/mipsel-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version 'GLIBC_2.17' not found (required by /lib/libusb-1.0.so.0)
/usr/bin/rtl_sdr: /lib/mipsel-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version 'GLIBC_2.25' not found (required by /lib/libudev.so.1)
/usr/bin/rtl_sdr: /lib/mipsel-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version 'GLIBC_2.16' not found (required by /lib/libudev.so.1)
/usr/bin/rtl_sdr: /lib/mipsel-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version 'GLIBC_2.26' not found (required by /lib/libudev.so.1)
/usr/bin/rtl_sdr: /lib/mipsel-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version 'GLIBC_2.17' not found (required by /lib/libudev.so.1)
/usr/bin/rtl_sdr: /lib/mipsel-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version 'GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by /lib/libudev.so.1)

I have ran the installer for the highest version of GLIBC that I have access to (2.27-1) and it appears to have been installed successfully because dpkg -l shows me:

ii glibc 2.27-1 mipsel The GNU libc libraries

Also, this is running on a MIPSEL machine, so pointing to any relevant binaries would be appreciated, or any help in general.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.