Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Zyxel NSA325 V1 SMBv2 Performance

Posted by j4n6 
Zyxel NSA325 V1 SMBv2 Performance
March 21, 2024 02:22AM
Hey there!
I got this beauty in my home network rack and recently i revived it by metarepo and entware samba-replacement.
Now it is still okay but performance on bulk write/read went down a lot.

As i am planning to use the device to let my son edit video (HD only :)) on/supported by it i want to get the best possible performance.

I will install debian on the nas sooner or later but if it would improve performance that would put it up on my prio list.

Will your awesome debian kernel handle smb2 better or is that simply the limited kirkwood cpu?
The longterm plan is to either debian the nsa325 and let it be squid proxy or get a more potent device, i got hardwre but none that runs below 10w with 2drives on sleep like the nsa325 right now which is..some random number that i wanna hit (or get a 4bay with power truenas but it's overkill, i wanna be nice and efficient this year lol)/
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.