Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Debian Wheezy on Pogoplug Pro V3

Posted by InfoScav 
Debian Wheezy on Pogoplug Pro V3
March 04, 2015 08:40AM
Hello!

i recently got a used Pogoplug Pro V3. its in factory-condition. i have also registered at pogoplug's site for the service. however, i wish to install Debian Wheezy on it. am not sure from where to start. i searched the forum, and found some threads from the forum's star 'bodhi', which are:

Linux Kernel 3.18 Pogo V3 (Oxnas OX820) package and rootfs (Flattened Device Tree)

Booting Debian on Pogoplug Pro

New uboot and kernel for Pogoplug v3/Pro

2013.10 U-Boot for Pogoplug V3 (OXNAS)

please advise from where to start. got confused in all these.

TIA!
Re: Debian Wheezy on Pogoplug Pro V3
March 04, 2015 02:46PM
InfoScav,

Summary of major steps:

- It's best to connect a serial console first.

- On a different Linux box, create a USB rootfs using this thread:
Linux Kernel 3.18 Pogo V3 (Oxnas OX820) package and rootfs (Flattened Device Tree)

- And then log in to Pogo OS, and install u-boot using this thread:
2013.10 U-Boot for Pogoplug V3 (OXNAS)

- And plug in the the new rootfs, and reboot.

Please read and question where you are not sure!

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
March 08, 2015 11:59PM
thanks bodhi! and sorry for late reply.

for a serial connection, would these be reqd?

1. USB to TTL converter - PL-2303HX (or PL-2303TA?!)

2. a DVD-ROM drive audio-cable

if yes, i'll be getting them from ebay. also, i understand that proceeding without a serial connection is risky, but alternatively, we can SSH into the Pogo too, correct?!
March 09, 2015 12:55AM
@InfoScav,

See here for serial console parts:
http://forum.doozan.com/read.php?8,13263

Yes, you can just SSH in and install it in Pogo OS. Serial console is just a precaution in case something goes wrong while flashing u-boot.

-bodhi
Forum Wiki
March 09, 2015 01:53AM
thanks! yes, looks like will need the same parts as i found out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2015 01:54AM by InfoScav.
March 09, 2015 02:22AM
so this is how i should proceed i think:

1. prepare a rootfs with Debian-3.17.0-oxnas-tld-1-rootfs-bodhi.tar.bz2 on a linux-box

2. then install the new u-boot on pogo pro

3. plug in the new rootfs in pogo pro

4. install the latest kernel linux-3.18.5-oxnas-tld-1-bodhi.tar.bz2 (using the procedure outlined for plug with new u-boot)

correct?!

P.S. - i would also be using an HDD connected to SATA with the pogo pro.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

okay i have not understood what to do after the creation of the rootfs.

the flashing-instructions on the page 2013.10 U-Boot for Pogoplug V3 (OXNAS) read that:

bodhi
1. uBoot envs config and mtd partitions must be defined as followed in your rootfs

cat /etc/fw_env.config 

# pogoplug v3
  /dev/mtd0               0x00100000      0x20000         0x20000

cat /proc/mtd 

dev:    size   erasesize  name
mtd0: 00e00000 00020000 "boot"
mtd1: 07200000 00020000 "data"

If you don't have /etc/fw_env.config file in your system, then you are running either stock Pogo OS, or earlier version of Arch Linux ARM. Go ahead and create this file with the above content. MTD parts are not importan for booting and it can be adjusted later.

2. The env image pogopro_uboot_env.img should only be flashed if your rootfs has FDT kernel. If your kernel is an older non-FDT kernel then do not flash this env image. If you plan to run with the new rootfs then flash this image.

3. Be sure to save your current uBoot image in mtd0, or have a backup image saved somewhere as precaution.

but my newly-created rootfs lies in the USB-stick (and it has fw_env.config), whereas earlier you had written (in your 1st post here) to log into the Pogo OS after rootfs-creation, and flash new u-boot as per the instructions in 2013.10 U-Boot for Pogoplug V3 (OXNAS). so i SSHed into the Pogo without connecting the USB-stick, found no fw_env.config, and created it. however, there's no /boot dir, and no uImage and uInitrd files to take backup of. am sure am doing something wrong. will proceed after you correct me.

P.S. - connecting the USB-stick and rebooting the Pogo was of no effect. the Pogo service needs to be killed?!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2015 07:55AM by InfoScav.
March 09, 2015 01:28PM
The factory installed OS wont have those files,

as long as your Debian Installation rootfs (which you created on another machine) has a file called fw_env.config in the correct folder as stated above and contains the above statements, then you are ok to proceed to the next step.

I recently set 3 of my v3's to debian following the installation.
March 09, 2015 02:51PM
InfoScav,

> 1. prepare a rootfs with
> Debian-3.17.0-oxnas-tld-1-rootfs-bodhi.tar.bz2[
> on a linux-box
>
> 2. then install the new u-boot on pogo pro
>
> 3. plug in the new rootfs in pogo pro
>

Reboot at this point.

> 4. install the latest kernel
> linux-3.18.5-oxnas-tld-1-bodhi.tar.bz2
> (using the procedure outlined for plug with new
> u-boot)

This can be done later.

And don't worry about the /etc/fw_env.config until after you've booted into Debian.

If you can't boot into Debian, pls post the installation log here.

-bodhi
Forum Wiki

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2015 02:52PM by bodhi.
March 11, 2015 01:53AM
thanks @GraveIrash! understood.

@bodhi - i ran through the steps mentioned in the 2013.10 U-Boot for Pogoplug V3 (OXNAS) thread. it went fine. however, i halted at step 9, which is:

bodhi
9. Erase 1 block starting 0x00100000 (See caveat in step 2, do not do this step this if the kernel is stock kernel, or not a FDT kernel)

/usr/sbin/flash_erase /dev/mtd0 0x00100000 1

Erasing 128 Kibyte @ 100000 -- 100 % complete

10. Flash uboot environment to 0x00100000 (See caveat in step 2, do not flash this if the kernel is not FDT)

/usr/sbin/nandwrite -s 1048576 /dev/mtd0 pogopro_uboot_env.img

Writing data to block 8 at offset 0x100000

my Pogo is on stock kernel, but i wish to use the new rootfs with the FDT kernel, so i guess i should proceed with the above steps?!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2015 01:54AM by InfoScav.
March 11, 2015 02:03AM
InfoScav,

> 9. Erase 1 block starting 0x00100000 (See caveat
> in step 2, do not do this step this if the kernel
> is stock kernel, or not a FDT kernel)
>
>
> /usr/sbin/flash_erase /dev/mtd0 0x00100000 1
> 
> Erasing 128 Kibyte @ 100000 -- 100 % complete
>
>
>
> 10. Flash uboot environment to 0x00100000 (See
> caveat in step 2, do not flash this if the kernel
> is not FDT)
>
>
> /usr/sbin/nandwrite -s 1048576 /dev/mtd0
> pogopro_uboot_env.img
> 
> Writing data to block 8 at offset 0x100000
>
> [/quote]
>
> my Pogo is on stock kernel, but i wish to use the
> new rootfs with the FDT kernel, so i guess i
> should proceed with the above steps?!

Yes, go ahead with the above.

-bodhi
Forum Wiki
March 11, 2015 02:38AM
alright. thanks! :thumbsup:
March 11, 2015 08:25AM
Okay, so Debain's not booting. the light on the USB-stick blinks 3-4 times, then nothing. no IP address being assigned by the router. posting what i had done:

1. formatted a USB-stick to ext3 on a separate linux-box; extracted the rootfs Debian-3.17.0-oxnas-tld-1-rootfs-bodhi.tar.bz2 to it.
for the installation, i had followed the below steps:

bodhi
INSTALLATION:

Installation can be done on any Linux box, with a fresh USB drive (SD card or HDD would work fine too). It is assuming the USB drive is mounted at /media/sdb1.

1. Format a new Ext3 USB drive, and label it rootfs. Note: if your existing uBoot env for rootfs type is ext2, then you might want to keep it consistent and use Ext2 USB drive. It will work with Ext3 drive without problem, though.

For example:

set_bootargs_usb=setenv bootargs console=$console root=$usb_root rootdelay=$rootdelay rootfstype=$rootfstype $mtdparts
rootfstype=ext2

2. Mount the drive on a Linux box. As root user, cd to top level directory and extract it.

cd /media/sdb1 
tar -xjf Debian-3.17.0-oxnas-tld-1-rootfs-bodhi.tar.bz2

3. edit /media/sdb1/etc/fstab entry for /dev/root to match the rootfstype of your usb_rootfstype (however, you can keep it as Ext2 without problem in booting an Ext3 partition).

/dev/root      /               ext2    noatime,errors=remount-ro 0 1

4. Create uImage with embbeded DTB to run with older u-boot. Please see Note 2 below if you are running this kernel witht the new U-Boot.

Pogo Pro vs. Pogo Classic: If you're installing this on a Pogo V3 Classic (no PCI), replace the ox820-pogoplug-pro.dtb below with ox820-pogoplug-classic.dtb.

cd /media/sdb1/boot
cp -a zImage-3.17.0-oxnas-tld-1 zImage-3.17.0-oxnas-tld-1.fdt
cat dts/ox820-pogoplug-pro.dtb >> zImage-3.17.0-oxnas-tld-1.fdt
mkimage  -A arm -O linux -C none -T kernel -a 0x60008000 -e 0x60008000 -n 'Linux-3.3.17.0-oxnas-tld-1' -d zImage-3.17.0-oxnas-tld-1.fdt  uImage
sync

2. then SSHed into Pogo OS without connecting this USB-stick to it; followed the flashing instructions for new u-boot as below:

bodhi
Flashing Instruction:

1. uBoot envs config and mtd partitions must be defined as followed in your rootfs

cat /etc/fw_env.config 

# pogoplug v3
  /dev/mtd0               0x00100000      0x20000         0x20000

cat /proc/mtd 

dev:    size   erasesize  name
mtd0: 00e00000 00020000 "boot"
mtd1: 07200000 00020000 "data"

If you don't have /etc/fw_env.config file in your system, then you are running either stock Pogo OS, or earlier version of Arch Linux ARM. Go ahead and create this file with the above content. MTD parts are not importan for booting and it can be adjusted later.

2. The env image pogopro_uboot_env.img should only be flashed if your rootfs has FDT kernel. If your kernel is an older non-FDT kernel then do not flash this env image. If you plan to run with the new rootfs then flash this image.

3. Be sure to save your current uBoot image in mtd0, or have a backup image saved somewhere as precaution.

Dumping NAND mtd0:

nanddump -nf mtd0 /dev/mtd0

4. Be sure there is no bad block in the first 1M of your NAND (check dmesg). This is very important, if there is bad block in the first 1M, don't flash u-boot, because you will almost certainly brick your box. Please post your question here (there is a work around for it).

Example of bad block in mtd0:

dmesg | grep -i 'bad'

[    2.413231] Scanning device for bad blocks
[    2.417731] Bad eraseblock 3 at 0x000000060000

This bad block resides within mtd0 (block 0 to block 7). So u-boot should not beflashed.

5. Extract the archive to /tmp

cd /tmp
tar -xf uboot.2013.10-tld-4.ox820.bodhi.tar

Be extra careful with the next 5 commands, you should see output that look like below in steps 6 through 10. If there is error, then do not reboot, post your problem here so we can help.

6. Erase 6 blocks on mtd0

/usr/sbin/flash_erase /dev/mtd0 0x0 6

Erasing 128 Kibyte @ a0000 -- 100 % complete

7. Flash encoded spl stage1 to 0x0

/usr/sbin/nandwrite /dev/mtd0 uboot.spl.2013.10.ox820.850mhz.mtd0.img

Writing data to block 0 at offset 0x0

8. Flash u-boot to 0x40000

/usr/sbin/nandwrite -s 262144 /dev/mtd0 uboot.2013.10-tld-4.ox820.mtd0.img

Writing data to block 2 at offset 0x40000
Writing data to block 3 at offset 0x60000
Writing data to block 4 at offset 0x80000
Writing data to block 5 at offset 0xa0000

9. Erase 1 block starting 0x00100000 (See caveat in step 2, do not do this step this if the kernel is stock kernel, or not a FDT kernel)

/usr/sbin/flash_erase /dev/mtd0 0x00100000 1

Erasing 128 Kibyte @ 100000 -- 100 % complete

10. Flash uboot environment to 0x00100000 (See caveat in step 2, do not flash this if the kernel is not FDT)

/usr/sbin/nandwrite -s 1048576 /dev/mtd0 pogopro_uboot_env.img

Writing data to block 8 at offset 0x100000

couldn't set-up NC, as got the error 'nc not found'.

3. after this, i connected the USB-stick to the Pogo Pro. no response from there.

please suggest.

P.S. - the USB-drive is a spare Corsair Flash Voyager GT that i had.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2015 08:48AM by InfoScav.
March 11, 2015 04:28PM
@InfoScav,

This step might be the problem:

> 4. Create uImage with embbeded DTB to run with
> older u-boot. Please see Note 2 below if you are
> running this kernel witht the new U-Boot.
>
> Pogo Pro vs. Pogo Classic: If you're installing
> this on a Pogo V3 Classic (no PCI), replace the
> ox820-pogoplug-pro.dtb below with
> ox820-pogoplug-classic.dtb.
>
>
> cd /media/sdb1/boot
> cp -a zImage-3.17.0-oxnas-tld-1
> zImage-3.17.0-oxnas-tld-1.fdt
> cat dts/ox820-pogoplug-pro.dtb >>
> zImage-3.17.0-oxnas-tld-1.fdt
> mkimage  -A arm -O linux -C none -T kernel -a
> 0x60008000 -e 0x60008000 -n
> 'Linux-3.3.17.0-oxnas-tld-1' -d
> zImage-3.17.0-oxnas-tld-1.fdt  uImage
> sync
>
> [/quote]
>

You are going to run with the new u-boot and also flash the new default envs. So step 4 is not applicable. The uImage should be left as is, no need to concat the DTB to it.

Mount the USB stick on another box and regenerate the uImage. Assume it is mounted as /media/sdb1

As described in the kernel installation (step 5), but on a mounted /media/sdb1::
mkimage -A arm -O linux -T kernel -C none -a 0x60008000 -e 0x60008000 -n Linux-3.18.5-oxnas-tld-1 -d /media/sdb1/boot/vmlinuz-3.18.5-oxnas-tld-1 /media/sdb1/boot/uImage
sync

And take it to the Pogo V3 and boot.

-bodhi
Forum Wiki

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2015 06:14PM by bodhi.
March 12, 2015 12:22AM
thanks! yes, even i had the same doubt, but was lost at step 4 of kernel installation. will try this and report back.
March 12, 2015 03:51AM
alright. so booted the Pogo on debian!

i recalled that i had replaced the original bootfiles of rootfs y'day with the ones in the latest kernel archive, so i just re-installed the rootfs on the USB-stick, ignoring step 4 of the installation-process, connected the stick to the Pogo, and was able to boot into debian. have done update and upgrade too.

so now bodhi, in order to upgrade the kernel, should i perform the steps as outlined in the Installation to run with new U-Boot in NAND in the kernel thread?! that is, steps 1 to 7 of the following:

bodhi
INSTALLATION:

A. Installation to run with new U-Boot in NAND (see new U-Boot thread here)

1. Backup your current uImage and uInitrd and other kernel files. In the /boot directory, these are files for your current kernel (xx.xx.xx is the version number):

uInitrd
uImage
initrd.img-xx.xx.xx-xxx
System.map-xx.xx.xx-xxx
vmlinuz-xx.xx.xx-xxx
config-xx.xx.xx-xxx

2. Extract the kernel in the archive:

cd /boot
tar -xjf linux-3.18.5-oxnas-tld-1-bodhi.tar.bz2

3. Create a dts directory for the dtb files

cd /boot
mkdir dts
mv ox820-pogoplug-pro.dtb dts/
mv ox820-pogoplug-classic.dtb dts/

4. And install it with dpkg. If you encounter error with flash-kernel when running dpkg, then remove flash-kernel first to avoid potential problem (It is much better to generate uImage and uInitrd manually anyway):

apt-get remove flash-kernel 
dpkg -i linux-image-3.18.5-oxnas-tld-1_1_armel.deb

5. Create uImage and uInitrd manually:

mkimage -A arm -O linux -T kernel -C none -a 0x60008000 -e 0x60008000 -n Linux-3.18.5-oxnas-tld-1 -d /boot/vmlinuz-3.18.5-oxnas-tld-1 /boot/uImage
mkimage -A arm -O linux -T ramdisk -C gzip -a 0x60000000 -e 0x60000000 -n initramfs-3.18.5-oxnas-tld-1  -d /boot/initrd.img-3.18.5-oxnas-tld-1 /boot/uInitrd

6. Setup U-Boot envs:

Disclaimer: The following U-Boot envs settings are recommendation only. If you don't have serial console connected, please do not attempt. Be aware that changing U-Boot env settings to the wrong values will lock you out of the box until you can connect a serial console.

Pogo Pro vs. Pogo Classic: If you're installing this on a Pogo V3 Classic (no PCI), replace the ox820-pogoplug-pro.dtb below with ox820-pogoplug-classic.dtb.

Set up booting envs:

fw_setenv uinitrd_addr '0x60e00000'
fw_setenv uimage_addr '0x60500000'
fw_setenv dtb_addr '0x62c00000'
fw_setenv usb_set_bootargs 'setenv bootargs console=ttyS0,115200 root=/dev/sda1 rootdelay=10'
fw_setenv dt_bootm 'bootm $uimage_addr $uinitrd_addr $dtb_addr'
fw_setenv dt_load_dtb 'ext2load usb 0:1 $dtb_addr /boot/dts/ox820-pogoplug-pro.dtb'
fw_setenv dt_load_initrd 'ext2load usb 0:1 $uinitrd_addr /boot/uInitrd'
fw_setenv dt_load_uimage 'ext2load usb 0:1 $uimage_addr /boot/uImage'
fw_setenv dt_usb_boot 'run dt_load_uimage; run dt_load_initrd; run dt_load_dtb; run dt_bootm'
fw_setenv dt_usb_bootcmd 'run usb_set_bootargs; run dt_usb_boot'
fw_setenv dt_bootcmd_usb 'usb start; run dt_usb_bootcmd; usb stop; reset'
fw_setenv bootcmd 'run dt_bootcmd_usb'

7. Sync. Double check your u-boot envs, make sure there is no error. And reboot

sync
fw_printenv
reboot

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2015 03:53AM by InfoScav.
March 12, 2015 02:48PM
@ InfoScav,

You can update it to 3.18.5 kernel using the above steps, but step 6 is not needed, since you have already done it during u-boot installation. Look at your current fw_printenv output and compare it with the ones listed in step 6.

BTW, the Pogo V3 rootfs can not be upgraded to jessie, atm, because of systemd dependency is not satisfied. So stay with wheezy until my next Oxnas kernel release.

-bodhi
Forum Wiki
March 13, 2015 11:36AM
alright. thanks!
some trivial questions that i have:

1. i hope a sandisk cruzer blade 4gb would be good enough for debian? or 8gb would be better? i will be replacing the present USB-stick with this.

2. will also be connecting an HDD via SATA to the plug. would you recommend installing debian to that instead and booting from it? or USB is fine?

pls suggest.
March 13, 2015 12:25PM
Hi

The size of the usb (4Gb) is fine for what you are doing. If you are looking to implement something with disk intensive activity then i personally would go the HDD route.

so in a nutshell : both options are viable and doable.
March 13, 2015 03:39PM
InfoScav,

> 2. will also be connecting an HDD via SATA to the
> plug. would you recommend installing debian to
> that instead and booting from it? or USB is fine?

As Gravelrash said, if you're going to do something that will be disk I/O intensive then HDD is a must. However, it does not mean in all cases that the rootfs must be on it.

1) if you are going to compile applications, or build kernel,..anything that will perform a lot I/Os to the rootfs. then the rootfs should be on HDD.

2). If the HDD is used to store media files, download torrents, ... then the rootfs can either be on USB flash or on HDD. In this scenario, I would prefer USB flash, due to the convenience of being able to plug/unplug and carry the HDD somewhere else while system is running.

-bodhi
Forum Wiki

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2015 05:01AM by bodhi.
March 14, 2015 12:16AM
thanks @Gravelrash and @bodhi! i will be using the plug just for the purposes mentioned in pt. #2, and hence it will make sense to use USB-stick for the rootfs.

i will connect the HDD and check and will then post back here.
April 03, 2015 01:24PM
So, I also just bought a Pogoplug Pro, and would like to install Debian to use it as a NAS with RSync, minidlna, and samba. I can follow this thread to install Debian, but I thought I might ask that someone produce more of an up to date step-by-step tutorial.
April 03, 2015 04:30PM
April 03, 2015 06:58PM
NM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2015 07:00PM by LeggoMyEggo.
May 13, 2015 12:47AM
Hello Bodhi!

the device's been lying idle since sometime now. i wanted to attach an HDD to it using the SATA port, purchased a 3.5" USB-SATA casing too for the purpose, and wrote to the person from whom i had purchased the pogo on how to attach the HDD, but haven't got any reply till now. searched for the same on the web, but found nothing. then got caught up in other stuff and this took a backseat. now relying on you to please guide on how to connect the HDD (3.5") to the SATA port on the pogo. i presume there's some hack to it. the pogo's casing already has a hole from which the SATA cable needs to pass from the internal SATA port to the HDD. just need to know what should be done to successfully connect the HDD.
May 13, 2015 02:54AM
InfoScav,

Open it up, attach a SATA -to-eSATA cable. The SATA end should be a male right angle SATA, the eSATA end should be a female. You can route the cable through the gap underneath the front bottom. Or you can open a hole in the back wall next to the ethernet port to mount the eSATA connector.

The HDD should be in an eSATA enclosure. if you don't want to use an enclosure, then you have to use a special cable. Somewhere in the forum there are links to what this cable and the SATA-eSATA cable look like.

I'm sure others will chime in and give you the links to these.

Other than the hardware mod, not much different if you still boot with USB. When you want to boot with HDD, then you will need to change u-boot envs.

-bodhi
Forum Wiki
May 13, 2015 12:18PM
Thanks Bodhi!

the SATA-eSATA cable and the eSATA enclosure thing had crossed my mind earlier, but they are tough to find here online (only eSATA-to-eSATA cable available), and whatever is available is ridiculously costly. i will check the local computer parts market and tech forums here soon now.

also, if an enclosure is not used, how will the HDD get the power supply is what i have a doubt. i will boot from USB PD only, but need the HDD for data-storage.

EDIT: okay found what may be required.....

either an eSATAp adapter cable like this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Power-Over-eSATA-USB-3-5-eSATAp-22-pin-Adapter-Cable-/150550614822?pt=PCC_Drives_Storage_Internal&hash=item230d841326&nma=true&si=%252B%252FTZ%252BhU5TOGHJ%252FENuX3TsvRB1%252F4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

OR

a USB to SATA cable/adapter (2-3 types available, one of which i think i have with me lying somewhere), if my existing USB-SATA 3.5" HDD enclosure is to be used.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2015 12:24PM by InfoScav.
May 13, 2015 04:11PM
InfoScav,

This is the correct cable:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-5-Inch-Hard-Disk-Drive-SATA-22Pin-to-eSATA-Data-USB-Powered-Cable-20-Inches-/131407292379?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e987c27db

It's not easy to find this cable with a SATA end. The popular and cheap ones on eBay are with eSATA only. But you can find an SATA-male to eSATA-female cable to connect to the board, and connect this one to it. And then plug the USB connector to one of the USB ports on the Pogoplug to draw power.

-bodhi
Forum Wiki
May 19, 2015 12:22AM
Thanks Bodhi! this should be simpler to use. will look for it, although doubt if it would be available.
distron
September 27, 2015 03:18AM
Hi folks ,

I have debian 7.5 running on Pogo E02 - installation was done a couple of years back. I have observed Pogoplug reboots into "Pogoplug" instead of debian (/dev/sda1) alternatively.
I have /dev/sda1 and /dev/sdb1 attached to Pogo with ROOTFS on /dev/sda1 (Debian)

Info on Pogo and usb drives:
http://justpaste.it/o09s

How to permanent boot into debian whether cold or warm reboot ?

Thanks.
September 27, 2015 02:15PM
distron,

Since your u-boot env is currently set to find the rootfs with this label
usb_init=run usb_scan; setenv usb_root LABEL=ROOTFS
You will need to label your USB Debian rootfs partition that way. Assuming on another Linux box, it is assigned sdb1
tune2fs -L ROOTFS /dev/sdb1

-bodhi
Forum Wiki
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.