Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dockstar Debian keeps freezing

Posted by Stephan 
Stephan
Dockstar Debian keeps freezing
October 28, 2010 10:46AM
Hi everybody,

I have a Seagate DockStar with Debian installed. It used to work fine without any problems for a couple of weeks now serving as a webcam server and apache.
I now decided to try installing MythTV which seems to be somewhat difficult.
The installation via apt works with no problem but when I scan for TV channels using the setup-tool via vnc all open ssh sessions and the vnc session freeze after a short time. I can still ping the box and even connect using ssh with beeing prompted for my password. Login doesn't work then however.
Scanning for channels using "scan" in a console is working fine again, so I'm not sure where the problem is.

I'm using Linux for a couple of years now and I never got a problem like this. Does anyone have an idea what might go wrong and what I can do to further investigate the problem?

Thanks,
Stephan
Re: Dockstar Debian keeps freezing
November 01, 2010 01:40AM
Test with stable Lenny.
Stephan
November 01, 2010 02:05AM
Ok, will go for that. I tried testing and unstable so far ;)
Stephan
November 02, 2010 10:17AM
Hi,

I installed lenny yesterday using Jeff's script. Unfortunately I was not able to get my DVB-T-stick working so I could not test it. I think the missing kirkwood kernel might be the reason but even when I installed it from lenny-backports the box refuses to boot it up. Do you have any hints?

Thanks,
Stephan
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.