Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to change rcS from Debian

Posted by Alwine 
Alwine
How to change rcS from Debian
August 22, 2010 10:55PM
Hello together,

because i had problems after rebooting to start debian, i changed pogoplug's rcS file to do following:
wait 60
/sbin/reboot

The idear was, that pogoplug rebooting itself, when it was booted, but this code is in rcS, before pogoplug starts the networkservice.

So, here is my Problem, if Debian will be corrupt, or a problem comes, or what ever - i can't log into Pogoplug, because it will be restarting correctly to boot Debian.

Is it possible to change Pogoplugs /etc/init.d/rcS from Debian by mounting (what?) manually?
Re: How to change rcS from Debian
August 22, 2010 11:16PM
You can mount the pogoplug partition from debian as follows:

mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock2 /mnt

However, you should probably just install the new mtd0 uBoot which fixes the 'dual boot' problem that you're having. The new uBoot will always try to boot from USB first and, if that fails, it will boot the old Pogoplug install.

-- Jeff
Alwine
August 22, 2010 11:29PM
Hello Jeff,

thanks for your answer. I could mount it, to solve my misstake.

Becouse your new uBoot,
this doesn't work for me. I installed allready, directly after the squeeze installation prozess. I checked also if it was correctly installed, by restarting your script, but my usb-boot problem wasn't solved by the new uBoot loader.

If my debian reboots, the dockstar booting always pogoplug (also with the new uBoot), only the command /sbin/reboot in pogoplug boot debian correctly for me.

If I could help you by sending special logs, or someting, let me know.
August 22, 2010 11:49PM
The new uBoot is new as of today (8/22) and needs to be installed to mtd0. From your problem, I don't think you have installed the new uBoot on mtd0.
Alwine
August 23, 2010 12:00AM
I'm so sorry Jeff,

you are absolute right!
I installed your "..install_uboot_mtd3.sh", but not mtd0, thanks for your attention. I'll install it now and hope that it fix the usb-boot.

Thanks for your response and your great work ! Your scripts are absolute great!
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.