Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stock wireless on Pogo Pro

Posted by mikeh49 
Stock wireless on Pogo Pro
October 18, 2015 01:04PM
Does anyone have a working wireless (preferably with the stock card, but other ideas good too) on the Pogo Pro that they could share? I did the setup from Qui's blog (known as grayman here) and I can access the wireless as long as the wired is connected (2 ip addresses assigned, one for wired and one for wireless). Twinclouds had a similar problem but apparently did not get a solution. This seems to be fairly common on Debian as the issue is all over the RPi forums, again with no definitive solution that I could find.

I'm running Bodhi's 4.1 kernel with the 3.17 file system. I'm thinking the answer is in the configuration of the etc/interfaces file, but can't get a working version. As noted above, when the wired connection is unplugged, the Pogo does not get an ip from the router (set for DHCP). I can post the interfaces file if that would help.

Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2015 03:36PM by mikeh49.
Re: Stock wireless on Pogo Pro
October 18, 2015 01:35PM
Hi mikeh49,

There is a definite solution for this long time ago. I actuall ran my Pogo Pro that way for a while when we still run in hybrid mode (Arch kernel and Debian rootfs). I could unplug the cable and the wireless card worked fine. Unfortunately, I no longer use the Wifi card in my Pogo Pro and it uses a completely new rootfs so I lost the old settings. Hope I can find it in some old backup.

The solution is in the route setup. I recall that there were about 3 or 4 rules in that setting. The idea is to set up the routes with the gateway so that the interface automatically switch to wlan.

Perhaps searching old post at Arch site will help, I remember other users and I posted these rules there a few years ago!

BTW, I hope to see our own user Leggo come back and post here! he could help solve this problem. Paging Leggo :)

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2015 01:38PM by bodhi.
October 18, 2015 03:35PM
Thanks for the hints, I'll do some more searching. Routing rules have been mentioned, but I didn't fully understand and didn't get a definitive configuration. I'll look some more.
October 19, 2015 05:17PM
@mikeh49

Do you happen to archive a copy of the original (released) version of PogoPlug Pro firmware?
October 19, 2015 06:31PM
If Bodhi's new u-boot and new kernel do not overwrite the PogoPlug firmware, then it is still there. If someone tells me how, I could probably get it, especially if I don't have to crack the case and use the serial connection. I think Bodhi will need to answer this.
October 21, 2015 12:26PM
I think habibie has been looking for the official FW blob (not original MTDs contents). Is that correct?

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.