Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reverting back NAND

Posted by Jijo Jose 
Jijo Jose
Reverting back NAND
November 23, 2010 11:34PM
Hi All,

I have installed squeeze on my dockstar(Usb boot) with the help of Jeffs document, its is
booting from usb and workds fine.

During the script run ./dockstar.debian-squeeze.sh ,it asked for disabling pogoplus, i pressed Yes to disable.

What steps i have to do to revert it back and boot pogoplug from NAND again ?

Regards
Jijo
Re: Reverting back NAND
November 23, 2010 11:53PM
Jijo, I think what you disabled was not the ability to boot from the NAND, but rather, the specific program that causes the Pogoplug to phone home, download a software update, and disable its SSH access.

If you want to boot into the original operating system on the NAND, but without running this program, just remove your USB stick and reboot. (It would be preferable if you shut the device down sanely before doing so.)

If you want to restore the disabled program, so that it runs when you boot your Pogoplug, you need to boot off the NAND, log in, and edit the /etc/init.d/rcS file, removing the comment character '#' before the line '/etc/init.d/hbmgr.sh start'.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.