Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

LED patch

Posted by Hades 
Hades
LED patch
August 25, 2010 11:04AM
I've read a lot about LED patches and that they are not in the default kernel - where can I get these patches and how can I apply them?

Thx for the great support
Gerrit
Re: LED patch
August 26, 2010 09:54PM
You can get the patch from here. Just copy/paste into a file, go to the root dir of your Linux structure and use 'patch -p 1 -i <file>' to apply. Recompile and you are good to go. The only thing I am not positive about is the MTD layout, it was meant for OpenWRT.

(I am in the process of switching to debian from OpenWRT, you might have seen me there as user z80yyz)

Gerrit
Hades
August 27, 2010 07:52AM
I would really appreciate if you could write or point me to a short tutorial how you did it - I'm new to the server side of linux and dont want to mess up :D
August 27, 2010 09:12PM
Hi
I used this tutorial to build the kernel. I haven't flashed it yet, have to do some work on what I really wanted to do which is get FreeSWITCH running. In the next few weeks I should be getting 2 more Dockstars, then I can play with kernels again.

There are 3 things I would add to the tutorial, set an env variable for ARCH=arm, CROSS_COMPILE= and the path to the cross compiler bin directory in your home shell. E.g on Centos this would be in $HOME/bash_profile. That saves typing it in each time or forgetting.

Gerrit
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.