Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

mkdosfs for arm debian?

Posted by frozenrhino 
mkdosfs for arm debian?
December 27, 2010 07:38PM
Hi,

Have any of you run across mkdosfs? I can't find it in apt-get and it's neither in the debian install nor in the rescue system.

I ask because I have a 1TB drive partitioned half ext2 and half vfat. I want to use the vfat side to share out via Samba over openVPN.

Thanks,

FZR
Re: mkdosfs for arm debian?
December 27, 2010 07:51PM
Its in dosfstools package...
root@dockstar1:~# apt-cache search mkdosfs
dosfstools-dbg - utilities for making and checking MS-DOS FAT filesystems (debug)
dosfstools - utilities for making and checking MS-DOS FAT filesystems
Run the following commands as root to install...
apt-get install dosfstools
-PG
December 27, 2010 08:09PM
You, sir, rock.

Thank you!

FZR
Raspberry Pi dude
December 16, 2012 10:28AM
Oh brilliant, this is just what i was after. I have a Raspberry Pi and wanted to format my external drive as fat32 so i could share the videos i plan to place on it with my playstation 3, which only accepts fat32 currently. I have been looking all over the net for a debian related solution as i already knew i needed the mkdosfs command, i just did not know the package. Cheers to both of you.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.