Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pink pogo. How to migrate to debian from plugbox?

Posted by Txtag1 
Pink pogo. How to migrate to debian from plugbox?
December 28, 2010 10:07PM
Greetings,

I have installed plugbox on a USB using the steps over at plug apps with jeff's uboot. How do install debian without messing up the current boot or bridling my pogo plug? Won't jeff's script try to reinstall uboo? Any help or a guide would help. I am a Linux noon. Tnx. T

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2010 10:53PM by Txtag1.
rat
Re: Pink pogo. How to migrate to debian from plugbox?
December 30, 2010 10:36AM
Txtag1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Greetings,
>
> I have installed plugbox on a USB using the steps
> over at plug apps with jeff's uboot. How do
> install debian without messing up the current boot
> or bridling my pogo plug? Won't jeff's script try
> to reinstall uboo? Any help or a guide would
> help. I am a Linux noon. Tnx. T

The Pogoplug *has* to be modified to support booting from USB. There's no way around it. All the modification does, however, is replace the bootloader and keeps the firmware software from phoning home (as this would eventually cause SSH to become disabled). The Firmware itself is still there. As the tutorial says: "If you decide that you don't like Debian and want to use the old Pogoplug software, simply unplug your USB drive and reboot."

Follow the steps exactly and you should be fine.
December 30, 2010 02:22PM
Rat, thanks. Yes I have the boot loader installed when I used Jeffs method for the plugbox linux set up. I just don't want to mess that up by running the debian script where it will overright the uboot once again? Are their issues in running the script again? Should I just comment out the uboot section?

Also this is a pogoplug not a dockstar! Any issues here?
December 30, 2010 02:53PM
Jeff's install script checks the existing uBoot to see if it is indeed the latest version. If it is, the script will not reinstall it, but should leave it alone.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.