Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Permission denied on usb (trying to run transmission)

Posted by Tushar 
Permission denied on usb (trying to run transmission)
April 08, 2017 02:42PM
Hi,

I have installed transmission on the pogo v4. Also setup automounting (hotplug) USB drives as per this link http://forum.doozan.com/read.php?2,24139

The plan, I thought was I will plug in a 8GB usb drive and start to download using transmission. I have configured transmission settings.json like below:

"download-dir": "/media/usb0",
"incomplete-dir": "/var/lib/transmission-daemon/Downloads", 
"incomplete-dir-enabled": false,

But the problem is whenever I start adding torrent (doing via web ui), it seems like initially the downloading stars but about 5/10 seconds later it's showing error message:

Error:
Permission denied (/media/usb0/2017-03-02-raspbian-jessie.zip)

Do I need to set some kind of permission to the USB stick? Please advice. Error screenshot attached.

Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2017 02:43PM by Tushar.
Attachments:
open | download - error.png (57.8 KB)
Re: Permission denied on usb (trying to run transmission)
April 08, 2017 03:29PM
Tushar,

> "download-dir": "/media/usb0",

Don't download directly to the root folder of the USB drive, create a folder there and set the permission to 777.

"incomplete-dir": "/media/usb0/BitTorrent/Incomplete", 
"download-dir": "/media/usb0/BitTorrent/", 
"watch-dir": "/media/usb0/BitTorrent",

chmod -R 777 /media/usb0/BitTorrent

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner
Re: Permission denied on usb (trying to run transmission)
May 16, 2017 11:09PM
Just for the sake of inspiring others to be safer than myself, the way I do it is to have a Samba folder and have a Transmission folder within, and grab completed files over regular LAN. It' s certainly not safe, and in my case is used for goodie-two-shoes stuff like LibreOffice and Linux images.

=========
-=Cloud 9=-
* almost back, hold on.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, solve the mathematical question and enter the answer in the input field below. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Question: how much is 17 plus 16?