Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

newbie install dblcheck question

Posted by tom 
tom
newbie install dblcheck question
August 27, 2010 04:32PM
hi,

totally new to dockstar, i bought a new device. reading through the posts i just wanted to dblcheck the steps i need to take to get a correct working debian system:
1) plugin Dockstar to LAN
2) plugin (a preformatted (2 partitions)) usb-stick
3) disable WLAN on the router
3.5) turn on dockstar
4) ssh into it
4.5) kill pogo-process
5) then im getting confused: http://jeff.doozan.com/debian/ says i shall go to /tmp
- so im downloading the new dockstar.debian-squeeze.sh to the internal storage and that script 'installs' the system to the stick, is this correct?

6) do i still need the uboot - bootorder - fix?

thx
Re: newbie install dblcheck question
August 27, 2010 05:31PM
Your steps look correct for me. You need to connect wlan before download the .sh file into the internal storage, though. When you run the script, it will automatically install Jeff's latest uboot, as you can see in the "Install uBoot on /dev/mtd0" in the script.
The script works fine for me but it took a long time, much more than the 20 minutes as Jeff said. So give yourself one or two hours time to finish the job to be safe.
tom
Re: newbie install dblcheck question
August 28, 2010 02:48AM
ok, now i feel confident. thx!
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.