Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

qemu

Posted by Anonyma 
Anonyma
qemu
February 02, 2011 01:01AM
Has anyone tried to run binaries built for other platforms on Dockstar debian?

root@Dockstar:/i386/bin# chroot /i386 /bin/qemu-i386-static -L / /bin/ls
/bin/ls: error while loading shared libraries: lib: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

with the -strace switch, I got a bunch of errors on files not found at weird locations, such as
open("/lib/tls/tls6i68e/ssm2/clib",O_RDONLY) = -1 errno=2 (No such file or directory)
open("/u/",O_RDONLY) = -1 errno=2 (No such file or directory)
open("/us",O_RDONLY) = -1 errno=2 (No such file or directory)

qemu-user-static was apt-get installed, and I extracted several i386 glibc packages into /i386/lib

Is there anything that I'm doing wrong?
Re: qemu
February 02, 2011 03:17AM
Dockstar has an ARM chip. i386 binaries won't work.
John Doe
February 02, 2011 04:20AM
Qemu is a CPU emulator. This is what is being tried here.
Anonyma
February 03, 2011 02:36PM
John Doe is right... I'm trying to run i386 binaries with a CPU emulator. There are some closed source programs that I'd really love to see running on my Dockstar.

My /i386 contains basically a mini i386 Linux distro, except for /i386/bin/qemu-i386-static, which is the only ARM binary that I copied from my qemu-user-static installation. I run qemu in a chroot, because I don't want the i386 program to load ARM libraries from paths that may have been hardcoded.

However, the above failed even for a simple i386 "ls"...
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.