Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

NSLU2 retired!

Posted by dazealex 
NSLU2 retired!
March 01, 2011 07:22PM
Hi everyone,

I just picked up a DockStar for $50 off of Craig's List. I used Jeff's super simple script to install Debian and it seems to be working fine so far.

This new toy of mine will replace my agin NSLU2 which is what I used to learn Linux on since 2004. Truth be told, learning Linux was the best thing that happened to me as it now puts bread on my table. Who knew hacking could be more than just plain fun?

Anyhow, I thought I'd say hello to the folks here.

PS: There are a ton of new projects that people are coming up with here. Can't wait to try some of them. :)

Daze
Re: NSLU2 retired!
March 06, 2011 04:25AM
Daze,
My two NSLUs are also now in hibernation, replaced by dockstars. It is nice to have the speed and RAM of the dockstar, and to be able to use a stock debian install.

Thank you Jeff, the debian maintainers, and all the helpful people on this forum.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.