Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problems with ivman

Posted by dockstar 
Problems with ivman
March 05, 2011 02:25AM
Hi I'm using my dockstar to record some mp3-streams. Now I want to think them with my mp3player. I made a similar constellation on an old notebook I used before with debian lenny. I run it on an 8Gb USB-Stick so /tmp, /var/log, /var/lock and /var/run are only on a tmpfs in RAM.

So I first made sure, that the device is mapped at /dev/mp3_intenso. There was a warning message in syslog but it works.
Next step is to configure hal. So in /etc/hal/fdi/policy/preferences.fdi I added
  <device>
    <match key="block.is_volume" bool="true">
      <match key="block.device" contains="/dev/mp3_intenso">
        <merge key="storage.automount_enabled_hint" type="bool">false</merge>
        <merge key="volume.ignore" type="bool">true</merge>
        <merge key="volume.policy.mount_option.sync" type="bool">false</merge>
        <merge key="volume.policy.mount_option.noatime" type="bool">true</merge>
      </match>
    </match>
  </device>

To make ivman startable I add at /etc/init.d/ivman
mkdir -p /var/run/ivman

Next was to configure ivman /etc/ivman/IvmConfigActions.xml I tried to add the log-entry.
  <ivm:Match name="*">
        <ivm:Option name="exec" value="echo `basename '$hal.info.udi$'` attached at `date` &gt;&gt; /tmp/devices" />
        <ivm:Option name="execun" value="echo `basename '$hal.info.udi$'` removed at `date` &gt;&gt; /tmp/devices" />
    </ivm:Match>

As a result the mp3-player wasn't logged. I tried ivman -d --nofork -c /etc/ivman but there was no information if I attached the device.

Any ideas what I could check now, to make it runable?
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.