Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hackers Help. I nead a few pins of digital io.

Posted by chimpera 
Hackers Help. I nead a few pins of digital io.
March 12, 2011 11:37AM
I am working on a robotics project and i need some digital io for the dockstar. Im guessing I can use the orange and green led leads for 2 of them but I could use a few more. Are there any unused pins on the processor that I can access from linux?
Thanks, Ben
ecc
Re: Hackers Help. I nead a few pins of digital io.
March 12, 2011 01:05PM
chimpera Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am working on a robotics project and i need some digital io for the dockstar. Im guessing I can use
> the orange and green led leads for 2 of them but I could use a few more. Are there any unused pins on
> the processor that I can access from linux?

There's lots of hardware hacking described in this thread. My own hardware skills are limited to connecting a serial cable, so proceed at your own risk.
March 13, 2011 10:47AM
Why you aren't use the serial port? With the serial port and a microcontroller you can really have fun. I think the most robotic projects are using a serial interface.
March 13, 2011 11:00AM
Thanks for that thread link. A micro controller on the serial port is on the table, but we are trying to limit the part count for power, space reasons. Primarily i need 4 PWM signals and it seems like that should be possible with just the dockstar.
Thanks, Ben
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.