GoflexNet arcNumber support in mainline kernel ?
April 10, 2011 04:51PM
When do you think there will be support for the GoflexNet's arcNumber in the mainline kirkwood kernel? what is invloved in before this happens?

Dose anyone have any insight into this?

It would make life a lot easier for potential GoflexNet users as Dockstars are getting harder to get hold of.
Re: GoflexNet arcNumber support in mainline kernel ?
April 10, 2011 05:30PM
Yeah... I haven't touched my goflex net because of that reason...
April 22, 2011 07:02PM
Same boat, no booting with kirkwood kernel here.
ecc
April 23, 2011 12:21PM
Peter Carmichael wrote the necessary patches, but as far as I know they haven't yet been submitted to the linux-arm-kernel list for inclusion. I went through that process for the DockStar, and offered to help (since I just acquired a couple of cheap GoFlex Net boxes from Office Depot :-), but I haven't heard back from Peter yet.
June 23, 2011 06:09PM
Has any progress been made on this?
ecc
June 23, 2011 07:58PM
The linux-arm-kernel developers are moving to an approach that uses device trees (as originally used in Open Firmware for powerpc) to describe board-specific variants of the same basic architecture. That should eliminate the need for a new machine ID for minor differences in hardware. But it also means that patches for new boards are likely to be delayed until the new approach is settled.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.