Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RMA'd amber flashing DockStar, getting back a GoFlex ><

Posted by rawsted 
RMA'd amber flashing DockStar, getting back a GoFlex ><
July 11, 2011 01:49PM
So my eBay DockStar was DoA with a corrupt NAND, and instead of fixing it myself (which seemed like a hassle), I decided to RMA it instead. Well, bad idea, because they're out of replacement DockStars and they're sending me a GoFlex back instead; they wouldn't even let me buy back the DockStar. Anyway, has there been any investigation into hacking GoFlexs or should I just try to sell it and pick up another DockStar on eBay?
Re: RMA'd amber flashing DockStar, getting back a GoFlex ><
July 21, 2011 07:18AM
They sent me back a GoFlex Net, and according to the chatter around here, it seems I can do something with this thing, but I'm curious about:

1) Hardware support/functionality - not that I specifically plan on using them any time soon, but what is the current status of support for the two SATA ports? Anything else to note in this respect?

2) The installation process - how does it differ from a DockStar? Do I have to register it first in order to enable SSH?

Thanks,
rawsted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2011 07:19AM by rawsted.
SATA support is dependent on both uboot and kernel. But yes, it is supported provided you used the right combination.
July 21, 2011 10:21AM
Jeff's uBoot already has support for the SATA port. You just need to use a kernel with the SATA drivers enabled and with the necessary GoFlex patches. I have written a small how-to on my blog, which might be helpful.

The installation process is the same, but after installation it will not boot the stock Pogo OS only USB so you will have to setup recovery system asap.
July 21, 2011 10:46AM
I see...well, w/r/t installation specifically, I was not able to SSH to the GoFlex even though it had pulled an IP from my router and seemed to be functioning. Any ideas?
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.