Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problems with Input/Output Error

Posted by PlugCluster 
Problems with Input/Output Error
September 05, 2010 10:25AM
Hello,

I have installed Debian Squeeze yesterday and everything seemed to work very well. I had croned a job to retrieve the last 12 songs from my favorite radio station for the first night.

Today I could not log in by SSH anymore, although ping was still functional. I rebooted the Dockstar and could log on by SSH again. The radio jobs had stopped at 5am. The system worked for some time again, but after some time I got an "Input/Output Error" on almost anything: ls, cat, etc., although the SSH connection was still functional.

Maybe my USB stick is a bit buggy. I removed it, rebooted and hoped that - without any USB stick - the old pogo plug operating system would be booted again, but the led is flashing orange all the time and I cannot SSH to the DockStar.

How can I reinstall to a different USB storage?
GZ
Re: Problems with Input/Output Error
September 05, 2010 06:11PM
I had the same issue while trying to install, it kept crashing with an input output error. I brought my flash drive onto my ubuntu box and it was indeed corrupt. Trying another flash drive I have had success. I'm brand new at this so we're only talking the last hour or so for up time.

You might want to look at that as a guess.

Also there are instruction on how to install from another system onto a flash here:
http://plugapps.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=165&start=10#p967
Re: Problems with Input/Output Error
September 06, 2010 02:59AM
I made a mistake, when I thought that SSH was disabled. It was not. A different IP address was assigned from my router, which is an unusual thing as it should always give back the same IP to a MAC address.

Thus, though it was flashing orange, I could reconnect with SSH to the new IP address. From here I can install a new Debian.
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.