Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slow network connection

Posted by Ant 
Ant
Slow network connection
August 14, 2011 04:06AM
Hi all,

Hopefully someone will be able to help, I recently moved house and upon unpacking my Pogoplug and connecting it to the network it was almost unusable. Using commands such a wget I now only get approx 10 Kb/s along with downloads failing to complete. I have since tried a fresh install of Debian but when trying to download the required packages the download will often stall, has anyone encountered anything like this before?

Cheers

Ant
Re: Slow network connection
August 16, 2011 06:46PM
Try another switch port and/or change your cabling, especially swapping with a known good one. When auto-negotiation doesn't work correctly, you get a half-duplex connection, and it will totally kill your throughput.
Ant
Re: Slow network connection
August 19, 2011 10:58AM
Cheers that fixed it, I had tried two different cables but it turns out they were both dodgy.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.