Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dockstar Debian (Squeeze by Jeff ) freezes after short time

Posted by okarkutt 
Dockstar Debian (Squeeze by Jeff ) freezes after short time
August 16, 2011 02:28AM
Hello,

I have a big problem with my Dockstar and Debian.

I have a 8 GB JetFlash ( 1 month old) USB Stick with 3 Partitions.

1. Root
2. Swap
3. Data

The system boots without problems.

Everything works fine....

after severeral minutes or hours the systems seams to freeze..

NO SSH to connect
NO Webmin to connect
NO Samba nothing

So the only thing I could do is power of my dockstar.

I boot with another stick into arch linux put the device, unmount it to use fsck.

Some errors.... after that. Than i made sync sync halt until no leds on the Stick are working so that I could plug out the power and the onte stick without Debian.

I Only left the JetFlash Stick with Debian into the Dockstar. NOw I plug the power on. The system starts without problems.
In the log files I found nothing.

Could anyone help me ???

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2011 02:41AM by okarkutt.
Re: Dockstar Debian (Squeeze by Jeff ) freezes after short time
August 20, 2011 12:21PM
I have similar problems with my (second) NSLU2 (slug) with Debian Lenny. All works normally, but after a while (from ten minutes to two days) I can't reach the slug (altough ping sometimes works).

Once I managed to view how it broke, I was logged in via ssh and suddenly there were no filesystem anymore, only the shell worked, no external commands, trying to auto-complete / showed nothing ...

But I have absolutely no idea what may be the reason for this.
Re: Dockstar Debian (Squeeze by Jeff ) freezes after short time
August 20, 2011 01:43PM
You'll have to enable some kind of logging to figure out what's up. You can install syslog to capture everything. You can use serial console which will get all kernel messages. Or use the linux (not uboot) netconsole option to send the kernel messages to another host.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.