Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Debian on Dell Kace M300

Posted by JDS420 
Re: Debian on Dell Kace M300
October 11, 2019 05:11PM
Neal,

When you list the GPIO in Linux, they are exactly what the DTS defines.

No, I did not find Poweroff. However, shutdown is working fine in Debian, so looks like there is no GPIO for Poweroff.

There are other GPIOs that this u-boot defines, but they don't seem to have any effect when I poke them.

Without GPL source code, it will take too much time to complete a new u-boot for this box.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner
October 11, 2019 09:05PM
bodhi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Without GPL source code, it will take too much
> time to complete a new u-boot for this box.

That's a shame, but you've done quite a lot! Thanks for all the work you've put into making this into a quite capable little server!

Neal
October 12, 2019 04:28PM
The M300 went into production today with the 120GB SSD and the cover installed. It's had a week or two of burn-in and several successful boots. No haveged, I just wait. The SSD is secured with zip ties through a couple of fittings installed in the tapped holes in the enclosure on each side of the SSD. Working great. Thanks Bodhi!
October 12, 2019 05:56PM
mikeh49,

> The M300 went into production today with the 120GB
> SSD and the cover installed. It's had a week or
> two of burn-in and several successful boots. No
> haveged, I just wait.

FYI, there are mainline works going on for kernel 5.4.x which will solve the entropy delay issue.

> The SSD is secured with zip
> ties through a couple of fittings installed in the
> tapped holes in the enclosure on each side of the
> SSD.

Nice!

-bodhi
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner
October 17, 2019 03:04AM
Thanks everybody :) you guys were doing a lot of works and made this project successful too! I've really enjoyed the collaboration.

-bodhi
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.