Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

XFS Filesystem vanished from my system

Posted by darkside40 
XFS Filesystem vanished from my system
January 11, 2012 01:27AM
Hi there,
could please someone post his xfs.ko which should be located in /lib/modules/2.6.32-5-kirkwood/kernel/fs/xfs ?
I had a power outage yesterday and now i cant mount my XFS data partition, always when i try i get

root@debian:~# mount /dev/sda3
mount: unknown filesystem type 'xfs'

I dont know why the xfs FS was deleted, i can only guess that it happened with an apt-get upgrade i have done.
Re: XFS Filesystem vanished from my system
January 11, 2012 04:19PM
hmmm... I know that for a long time, like from 2.16 -2.28, there was a major problem w/ XFS and ARM in Linux. I had learned from experience to use JFS or EXT4. I don't know if that problem was ever resolved.

=====================================================
Re: XFS Filesystem vanished from my system
January 12, 2012 02:36AM
Nevermind i just installed a new Kernel on the Dockstar which brings a xfs module.
But i think i will switch to Arch Linux when i have the time for it.

Another question, do you use SMB on your Dockstar, if you do what are your transfer speed with the Ext4 FS?
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.