Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DNS-O-Matic problem with ddclient

Posted by davidnewton 
DNS-O-Matic problem with ddclient
February 22, 2012 08:56AM
I have been using ddclient to update my host name using DNSOMatic from opendns in debian for several months without issue. But since last week, DNSOMatic starts to give wrong ip address. It looks like that the ip address DNSOMatic given is the DNS server I am using in the main router with dd-wrt firmware instead of my actual external address. If I use opendns as the primary dns, then, the DNSOMatic gives the opendns ip, if I use my service provider's dns, then, DNSOMatic gives the provider's dns ip. Now, I have to disable ddclient and have to use the router's dyndns to update my ip address. I am wondering if anyone using DNSOMatic has the same problem. I am wondering if this is related to Comcast recent upgrades about their "safe dns". If anyone use ddclient with DNSOMatic, please share the experience. Thanks.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.