Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

debian squeeze on sheeva plug rather than a pogoplug?

Posted by Ben 
Dear All,

hopefully someone can help me a little - or just give me advice or a heads up.

I'm wanting to replace the default Debian/Ubuntu install on my ~2yr old sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze

I *believe* it's probably possible (though I'm not sure my device is multiboot capable... even in theory.. i'm pretty new to linux.. but I follow instructions well and can read between lines, so I'm positive-ish)

Anyone have experience doing this (on the sheeva rather than pogoplug). i thought they're pretty similar but not certain.

Big qst is will Jeff's instructions for getting Squeeze onto the pogoplug usb/flash drive work 'roughly as-is',
and for the record I want to use an SD card rather than usb drive, presume that doesn't make much difference.

i can format drive, install wget (which seemed to be missing initially) (after killing some apt-get processes first)
but trying jeff's install script fails to actually download from repositories.. stuck at 0%. any ideas??

Thanks
Ben
Re: debian squeeze on sheeva plug rather than a pogoplug?
March 16, 2012 08:46AM
I installed Debian on my sheevaplug's boot SD card using this:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/esia/

It's been quite a while ago, but the sheevaplug still runs fine.
Re: debian squeeze on sheeva plug rather than a pogoplug?
March 17, 2012 11:14AM
This is a different setup, but I've used it... on dockstar and pogoplug, but it is originally for Sheevaplug...

http://www.cyrius.com/debian/kirkwood/sheevaplug/install.html

=====================================================
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.