Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Debian on Action Tech SG200

Posted by veriqster 
Re: Debian on Action Tech SG200
February 24, 2019 05:22PM
how hard would be to do that given that I have the config for the kernel and the fact that I've never done this before?

Is there anything I can do to get over that init message about no processes left?
February 24, 2019 11:09PM
> Is there anything I can do to get over that init
> message about no processes left?

At this point, hit <Enter/Return> key on your keyboard. I'd exepect it will drop you to the Linux shell, and you will be in stock OS.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner
February 25, 2019 06:32AM
it does not, just sits idle.

If I try to use the stock kirkwood rootfs with the generated uImage then it boots to a point and then states "attempted to kill init" and "kernel too old".

Unless I can find a guide on how to make a DTS file it is my guess that this is a futile attempt at finding shortcuts.
February 26, 2019 02:20PM
veriqster,

> If I try to use the stock kirkwood rootfs with the
> generated uImage then it boots to a point and then
> states "attempted to kill init" and "kernel too
> old".

Yes, it make sense to see "kernel too old".

>
> Unless I can find a guide on how to make a DTS
> file it is my guess that this is a futile attempt
> at finding shortcuts.

Unlike other SoCs such as Kirkwood, Dove, or Armada, which all have a reference board in mainline. This is a new SoC. Therefore it would take me quite a bit of time to create the DTS. So I can't promise to help you doing that, unless I have a big chunk of free time (I already have some other tasks lined up and could not get to those yet :)

With that said, if I can find a board of this Avanta SoC that pikes my interest, no telling if I'll stay up all night working on it :))

-bodhi
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2019 10:41PM by bodhi.
March 08, 2019 08:02AM
I can mail you mine if it's something you are willing to look at.
Not sure I'm seeing things the right way but It has an integrated N wireless and a Z wave so it might make an interesting box to play with for home automation.
March 08, 2019 06:39PM
veriqster,

Sorry, I have no free time to look at it anyway :)

But keep your box on the shelf, if you got it cheap, don't sell it.

-bodhi
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2019 03:27AM by bodhi.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.