Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Any way to find out CPU temperature on GoFlex Home?

Posted by shankargopal 
Any way to find out CPU temperature on GoFlex Home?
June 05, 2012 06:59AM
This should ideally be posted on the PlugComputer forums, but I can't get myself registered there, so posting here in the hope that I will be forgiven :). I use Debian on a GoFlex Home. The device is being used in a production environment and running 24/7. I notice that the system seems to heat up quite a bit (though there is no SATA drive plugged in); it is however cooler than the SheevaPlug, which runs like an oven.

I would like to monitor temperature to discover if it's running at dangerous levels. However I can't get a clear idea of whether the GoFlex has temperature sensors on its board at all. In Debian, neither /sys nor /proc has any thermal zone folders. Does the GoFlex have a temperature sensor? If so, how might I access it from a Debian system?

Alternatively, has anyone seen their GoFlex suffer thermal damage?
Re: Any way to find out CPU temperature on GoFlex Home?
June 05, 2012 04:11PM
I seriously doubt that it does. AFAIK, none of the Sheeva, Guru, Pogo or Dream plug have that feature, also not the Dockstar nor the GoFlex's.

OTOH, my Zyxel NSA320 does have a temp sensor, but that is a special chip/component.

=====================================================
Re: Any way to find out CPU temperature on GoFlex Home?
June 05, 2012 06:29PM
My GoFlex Home is only warm to the touch. Even after streaming HD videos, it does not get hot at all. Perhaps room temperature or ventilation is a factor here?
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.