Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

php not working with nginx on debian squeezed Dockstar

Posted by Fred 
Hi,

I installed nginx and php following several tutos, and the result is always the same: I can't have the phpinfo page displaying, though the appropriate document in created in /var/www, and php is installed.
When I try to go to http://my_DS_address/info.php, I have a nice error 404 message...

Any clue on how to track the cause of the problem, and how to solve it?

Fred
Re: php not working with nginx on debian squeezed Dockstar
June 19, 2012 02:10PM
Since it is Debian (I'm assuming you used the standard Debian Armel stuff, rather than any self-made Buildroot image, or some other distro), you may get best results by looking at bug reports via the Debian Package page for the packages in question (php, nginx, etc.).

You should be mindful of whether you have Wheezy or Squeeze installed.

=====================================================
Re: php not working with nginx on debian squeezed Dockstar
June 20, 2012 12:30PM
Works fine for me for several years now on Sid, and on my router.
I love nginx! Apache is way too much of a pig. It barely runs on plugs, and won't work at all on a router.

You need to be using php-fpm. You have to configure nginx and php before they will work together. It's not just a matter of installing the packages. There are countless tutorials out there on how to do it. The nginx site has good info.

It took me quite a bit of time to get it running the first time. But that was a long time ago when nobody was using nginx. Now it is much easier. The config is already there in the debian nginx defaults. You just need to uncomment the lines.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.