Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can't boot anymore

Posted by Trices 
Trices
Can't boot anymore
August 14, 2010 05:00PM
Hey there..

i've got a problem with my dockstar.. after i ran your script, everything worket perfektly..

so i took my dockstar home and configured my web.. after i installed ntp and i wanted to do a restart. i cant start it anymore..

if no usb-stick is in it, its booting the Pogoplug system.. so.. normally i had to reboot it again and it ran debian.. but if i'm doing it, its just nothing running.. no debian and no Pogoplug..

the dhcp doesnt see any new ip... but without the stick the pogoplug is running fine... what can i do?

Pls help.. greeZ
Trices
Re: Can't boot anymore
August 14, 2010 05:55PM
Sorry for doupple posting..

but i noticed, that the Dockstar (Pogpplus system) can't find any usb-sticks.. :(
GreeZ
trices
August 15, 2010 02:40AM
Ive done more than 20reboots... everytime debian should be booted, nothing happens... if no stick is plugged in the pogoplug works... so.. is there no way to get it work again?

If the debian shouldstart, the dhcp dont see the system... pogoplug is getting a normal ip
oxygen8
August 15, 2010 05:42AM
Run the script again to repair your filesystem.
Stop allways with command
halt
Trices
August 15, 2010 05:59AM
hey,

the problem is that it seems that the pogoplug cant find the usb-devices... =( i can ping the internet etc. but with mount i cant see the sttick,,
oxygen8
August 15, 2010 07:39AM
cat /proc/diskstats
Is there sda ?
Trices
August 15, 2010 08:13AM
/proc/diskstats:
8 0 sda 1 0 8 10 0 0 0 0 0 10 10
8 1 sda1 0 0 0 0
8 2 sda2 0 0 0 0

sorry for beeing a kind of noob at this time..

Thanks for helping me..
Trices
August 15, 2010 08:16AM
did another cat /proc/diskstats:

8 0 sda 64 925 7912 630 0 0 0 0 0 330 630
8 1 sda1 0 0 0 0
8 2 sda2 0 0 0 0

(again sorry for doubleposting.. i'm registering myself now..

GreeZ
August 15, 2010 03:05PM
So^^ i was able to mount it now... should i clear the stick and do the whole installation new or what should i do now?

EDIT:
WUHU xD i've done it... there was just a problem with the /etc/network/interfaces.

But you really helped me with the /proc/diskstats.. :D thanks alot

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2010 03:37PM by Trices.
Julian
August 19, 2010 01:36PM
Hello,
can you tell me your /etc/network/interfaces. I even have problems to connect me to my Dockstar.
After I installed Debian and reboot the system, the front gets black and the usb-stick starts blinking. But I can't connect me to my Dockstar.

Thank you

Greetings from Germany
Julian
August 20, 2010 12:57AM
I just had a wrong line in my interfaces...

But why don't you let your dhcp give the information? than you can have a look at the ips in your network.. so you should find it.
Julian
August 20, 2010 08:15AM
Well, that's what stand insead my config:
auto lo eth0
iface lo inet loopback
iface eth0 inet dhcp

But I now think, I have a different problem. If I wait about 5 minutes, it starts the pogoplug OS. So I think it can also be a problem with uBoot.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.