Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Iomega Ix4-200d - Does not load and neither read the USB to reset

Posted by ldur 
Iomega Ix4-200d - Does not load and neither read the USB to reset
July 17, 2019 03:27PM
Hi All,

I believe I installed the firmware to Cloud Edition into the Iomega Ix4 200d, but NAS is not CE. I believe it is now bricked.

I now downloaded the right firmware, put it into emctools folder into the USB Fat32 formatted.

USB put into the NAS, power on, reset button pressed, and looks like it does not even read the USB, or the reset button is not recognized.

NAS keep botting up continuously.

Please, anybody had this problem or similar, and found the solution ?

Thanks in advance.
ldur.
Re: Iomega Ix4-200d - Does not load and neither read the USB to reset
July 17, 2019 03:35PM
It’s pretty hard to brick a Kirkwood box, connect a serial console and watch it boot.

Post the serial log and I will have a look.

Though this forum is about replacing stock , not fixing it.
July 17, 2019 04:17PM
You need to use the recovery software provided by lenovo technical support in order to create a recovery usb.
Here is an archive with it:
Lenovo ix recovery kit

The app will format the usb and put required files for some version of ix.
Afterwards you put your firmware (imager.tgz) in the root folder of the usb and also in the emctools (Both locations because I do not remember from where it recognizes it) and do the same procedure as you did with the reset button and it should recover the firmware.
July 17, 2019 11:39PM
ldur,

Do what AlDaniel said to restore stock. And then if you want to install Debian, come back here more more helps.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
May 27, 2021 01:10PM
No es posible conectar una consola en serie con Kirwood (Marvel). He utilizado usb ttl cp2102, pl2303hx, y ch3406 pero ninguno consigue conectar con putty. Tampoco es posible la conexion con cable ethernet. Por tanto nadie explica que tipo de cable usb ttl usar, que programa usar, ni tampoco hay seguridad de archivos oficiales.
Yo tengo un ix4-200d non cloud y funcionaba bien. Leyendo en foros crei que era posible pasar de version non cloud a version cloud, y el dispositivo se me ha quedado bloqueado.
No soy experto en informatica pero si soy ingenioso y si tengo unas buenas instrucciones puedo hacer el trabajo, pero nadie dice la verdad, o estan hablando de otra cosa.
Solo me conformaba con que funcionase con la version antigua de non cloud, y aqui estan hablando de cambiarle el sistema operativo a debian, que no se ni como se hace ni para que fin.
Estoy decepcionado y desesperado por no tener el equipo nas en marcha. Incluso he ido a dos tiendas de reparacion de informatica y dicen que tampoco saben nada.
En fin, gracias a los que me han respondido con la mejor de sus intenciones, pero tengo que decir que el problema persiste y no esta resuelto.
Un saludo para todos.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.