Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

NSA320 - fast LAN, slow WAN - download speed problem

Posted by rookpl 
NSA320 - fast LAN, slow WAN - download speed problem
December 03, 2019 02:11AM
Hello,

I pulled my Zyxel NSA320 out of the closet, updated the soft to the newest possible one, which was old anyway, and started doing download speed tests. Unfortunately, while samba can reach 50 MB / s, download speeds from the net reached max 12 MB / s - definitely not enough. Of course connected to a gigabit router (asus ac58u), NIC 1000 / full duplex - no changes.

I have a 300 mbit connection and I can easily reach such speeds on laptop.

I thought maybe the error is in the original software. I install Debian, but the situation has not improved much, now the speed reaches 16 MB / s download from the internet.

CPU load when downloading max 30%.

Where to look for a solution?

I tested the speed through both
wget -O / dev / null http://speedtest.wdc01.softlayer.com/downloads/test1000.zip

as well as downloading ubuntu via transmission

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2019 05:09AM by rookpl.
Attachments:
open | download - eth0.jpg (177.2 KB)
Re: NSA320 - fast LAN, slow WAN - download speed problem
December 03, 2019 10:53AM
Theres a lot to look at here.

first being what is the connected speed of your internet facing router - does it utilise a proper switch in its make up or is it a hub - yes some devices still operate with hubs!
December 03, 2019 10:55AM
December 04, 2019 03:14AM
i know the difference between MB and Mb ;) and all values in my previous post are correct.

router is asus ac68u, and speed are good from it.

NSA320 - router - PC - speeds are 40-50 MB/s write to NSA

.......................... ............../ PC - full speed 35 MB/s
Internet 300 Mb/s- router/ -- WIFI - full speed 35 MB/s
........................................\
...................................... \NSA320 - speed are 12 MB/s on stock firmware, 16 MB/s on Debian

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2019 03:17AM by rookpl.
December 04, 2019 07:05AM
December 05, 2019 02:59PM
Thank you for reply. i'll check that links and try. I also borrow ethernet-usb adapter, but i need compile drivers first
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.