Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Updating U-Boot on Dockstar

Posted by john3voltas 
Updating U-Boot on Dockstar
April 23, 2020 03:49PM
Hey there.
As per my signature, I have an old Dockstar from 2009 which is running U-Boot 2014.04.R4-1.
I have read the U-Boot updates sticky post but it seems kind of confusing.
I would like to know if there is any simple way to update it's U-Boot or maybe someone could break it down a little for me.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers

Seagate Dockstar
128MB RAM - 256 NAND
U-Boot 2014.04.R4-1
ArchLinux ARM
Re: Updating U-Boot on Dockstar
April 23, 2020 04:25PM
john3voltas,

> I would like to know if there is any simple way to
> update it's U-Boot or maybe someone could break it
> down a little for me.

Currently, the only way to update u-boot to my u-boot version is to manually run the commands at Linux shell.

The instruction was written for all Kirkwood boxes, so it seems complicated. But you can copy the whole instruction to a notepad, and then remove all the text, just leave the relevant commands for your box in, then you'll see it is quite simple.

A lot of extra description are just reminder to checks for something, or what to do when you see errors during installation.

If you have difficulty in doing that, post back and I'll help.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
Re: Updating U-Boot on Dockstar
April 23, 2020 05:23PM
Hi bohdi,
Thanks for the headsup.
I will be copying your post to a notepad and try to trim it to the basics and see if it makes any sense.
I will post here my doubts and maybe you can clear them up for me.
Thanks in advance.
Cheers
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.