Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can a Pogoplug V4-A3 (red lable) boot from USB?

Posted by nnSlick 
Can a Pogoplug V4-A3 (red lable) boot from USB?
May 04, 2020 04:08PM
Hi bodhi and all,

Just found another plug in a box and this time it is a V4-A3 that has USB 3.0 which is nice. Thinking about using this a a NFS server to host among other things rootfs for other plugs to boot from.

After update to the newest uboot (2017), from netconsole it seems that the a USB drive connected to a USB 3.0 port is not detected. Uboot thinks there is one USB device (controller?) but could not detect the any storage devices.

Are there any environment variables that need to be set in uboot to boot from a USB drive on this device?

Also while Arch linux can boot from MMC (SD card) Debian did not (see the Starting kernel ... message but booting does not seem to complete, no show up on LAN).

Thanks in advance.
--nnSlick
Re: Can a Pogoplug V4-A3 (red lable) boot from USB?
May 04, 2020 04:32PM
nnSlick,

> a USB drive connected
> to a USB 3.0 port is not detected. Uboot thinks
> there is one USB device (controller?) but could
> not detect the any storage devices.
>

It can boot with the USB 2.0 port on top. But not with USB 3.0 ports in the back. Open the top cover and you will see the USB 2.0 and SATA ports.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
Re: Can a Pogoplug V4-A3 (red lable) boot from USB?
May 04, 2020 05:03PM
bodhi,

Thanks a lot. It has been a while so I did not even realize that this device has a removable top and underneath there is a USB and a SATA port!.

This little device fits my purposes perfectly. I will install Debian on a SATA drive and make it my NFS server.

-nnSlick
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.