Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RN10400

Posted by AkkJaa 
RN10400
August 23, 2020 11:32AM
Hello,

i have a old Netgear readynas model name RN10400 model no RND-4D. Well okay, This nas i have a problem with because it not start up. it is 4x3Tb HD. disks. And every disk start up and runing well. But i can't get enything out of it.
And in the display is standing. "Boot from USB failure....."

I don't know what ReadyNas os ver. firmware is installed. But i have read from netgear support that shall be first updated to ReadyNas Os 6.2.5 or 6.3.5 then upgard to ReadyNas os 6.5.2 and to 6.10.X or else it go broken.

And the netgear say this product/software is end of life.

So is there enyone who can help me with this.? And help me make a USB so i can upgard my Nas and get it up and going again.
Netgear not support enything, Not sell new motherboard nothing. I saw on internet a shop in England who had new motherboard to my RN10400 but they was out of stock. Mayby not so strange when they go broken very fast.

Well can somebody help me with this. I hope so.

Thanks..
Re: RN10400
August 23, 2020 04:42PM
AkkJaa,

Normally people come here to replace stock FW with the latest Linux system on old boxes. So I dont know much about stock FW.

> So is there enyone who can help me with this.? And
> help me make a USB so

ReadyNAS has a Reset button so you can reset everything to factory condition:

https://kb.netgear.com/22891/How-do-I-access-the-boot-menu-on-my-ReadyNAS-104-204-214-or-314

Have you tried that yet? if you have a lot of data on the HDDs you want to keep then be careful doing reset (I would remove them out of the slots before trying). Usually thi s process does not touch data, but good to prevent it any way.

And also, usually they have a way to rescue the system by USB that was specially prepared to be loaded and re-install the stock FW.

=====

After trying all of the above, if you still cannot rescue it, then you will need to open the case and to connect a serial console in order to see what's going on and interact with the system during boot. Most of the time, this will allow you to rescue the system easily.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
August 26, 2020 04:14PM
Hi Bodhi,

Thank you for list up for me what to try on my RN10400. Yes it's very much data on the HD's on it. So i want to keep that. Now it is 4 x 3 Tb. HD's. in it. But i can replace them with 4 x 500 Gb. new empty HD's if it's must be HD's in it when i do the reset.

Well okay thanks i will try what you have write up for me now and see.

Then i will come back to you and tell you what happend.

Thanks again.

AkkJaa....
August 26, 2020 05:42PM
Hi Bodhi,

Now i have try it. I take out the HDDs and i connect the power line. the first who standing in the display is.: Netgear Storage Welcome. this message is for 1 - 2 sec. Then come this in the display.: Boot from USB Failed! and that's all.

I can't turn the RN10400 off. it go on right away when i connect the power line. And i can't reset it, because if i hold in reset and push power then it are already start up when i connect the power line. and i get every time the message.: Netgear Storage Welcome. Then message.: Boot from USB Failed!

I also try to hold in Reset and Power when i connect the power line but just the same as before. And in the display is standing Boot from USB Failed! and the Power and backup button's blinking very fast all the time.

And that was the same when the HDDs was in the cabinet. But then the light for HHDs was on and i coud hear the HDDs war running. So here is mayby something who hanging in the motherboard. I also try to remove the backup battery and put it inn again but just the same.

So then i have try all what you have told me. So then i need to try to connect a serial console to see what's going on and interact with the system during boot. You say.

Yes, what do i need to do that.? And where can i buy it.?

Okay hope to hear from you again.

Thanks again.

AkkJaa....
August 26, 2020 11:12PM
AkkJaa,

See this thread for serial console parts discussion:

https://forum.doozan.com/read.php?8,13263

If you can find it in Amazon at your locale (e.g. Amazon Europe) then it is quicker shipping but cost a little more. If you buy from eBay shipping from China then it will take about 2-3 weeks.

Either the CP or PL chip would work.

CP2102
PL3xxx

An example of the CP2102 on Amazon. It comes with the 4 wires, but you must use only 3 wires: RXD, TXD, and GND (do not connect 3.3V).

https://www.amazon.com/Qunqi-CP2102-Module-Download-Converter/dp/B014PBYER4

-bodhi
Forum Wiki

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2020 11:13PM by bodhi.
September 11, 2020 12:04PM
Hi Bodhi,

Now i got 2 diffrent type from Ebay.
1 is CP2102 USB 2.0 to TTL UART Serial Converter Module 5P STC PRGMR.. with 4 cables. and
1 USB 2.0 to TTL UART 6PIN Module Serial Converter CP2104 STC PRGM. with 4 cables.

CP2102 module have. 5 pin.
3V3
TXD
RXD
GND
+5V

CP2104 have 6 pin.
DTR
3V3
5V
TXD
RXD
GND

I put up 2 picture files on the modules so you can see them. Yes... Now i take out the motherboard in the the Netgear RN10400. But what program do i use to connect with this modules.?? And where to connect the modules to the motherboard.?

I can take out the motherboard and take a photo of it and put up in here. So you can see how it look like.

Okay thanks again.

AkkJaaa....
Attachments:
open | download - CP2102.jpg (6.7 KB)
open | download - CP2104.jpg (5.1 KB)
September 11, 2020 07:17PM
AkkJaa,

>
> CP2102 module have. 5 pin.
> 3V3
> TXD
> RXD
> GND
> +5V

CP2102 is easier to use.

> But what program do i use
> to connect with this modules.?? And where to
> connect the modules to the motherboard.?

The USB is connected to another Linux box (host). The 3 wires TXD, RXD, and GND are connected to the serial header on the RN104 board.

Run minicom or picocom on the Linux host.
picocom --b 115200 --f n --p n --d 8 /dev/ttyUSB0

> I can take out the motherboard and take a photo of
> it and put up in here. So you can see how it look
> like.

If you'd like to. If you can see the serial header pins and marking then it is easy. If not we can look the board and tell you where.

-bodhi
Forum Wiki
September 12, 2020 04:30AM
Hi Bodhi,

Okay yes, now i have take some photos, 15 Photo's of the motherboard and parts connected to the motherboard.

When it come to Linux then i have a computer where i have installed Linux Fedora Core 9. on. Can i use that computer.?

I upload photos here now, I have take more photo's. But i see there is only 2 places to connect to the motherboard who is not connect'ed with something else, is on Photo 13. and that is J14 and J7 on the board. Can only upload 3 pic. but i have more and can take more. if you need some details of enything on the motherboard or other things with it.

Because the other connection's is to front display, and front light's and power and backup switch. And HD card.

Yes i am not sure where the serial header is, i have upload'ed 3 pic. here and have more.

Oki, you can see if i got it right now. i will upload more photos if needed.

Many Thanks.

AkkJaa...
Attachments:
open | download - Photo 13.JPG (102.1 KB)
open | download - Photo 10.JPG (109.4 KB)
open | download - Photo 4.JPG (132.6 KB)
September 12, 2020 05:37AM
Photo 4. Upper right corner looks like serial console header. But the pic resolution is too low, I can't see clearly.

Usually, serial console header marking on the board is J and a number (e.g. J20).

Photo 13 on the right side. Thatt's must be the serial header. It is marked with J7.

-bodhi
Forum Wiki

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2020 05:40AM by bodhi.
September 12, 2020 06:40AM
And yes, Fedora would be fine.

Plug the CP2xx into a USB port and run

dmesg

At the end of the log, you can see the device is ttyUSB0, or some other assigned name.

To confirm:

lsusb

-bodhi
Forum Wiki
September 13, 2020 03:19AM
Hi Bodhi,

Thank you again,

Here i have take some new photo's, This pic. is alittlebit better. If you see on photo 17. The first Right from the battery is J12 there is the connection with 12 pin. for the digital display down in the front. Then number 1 under the battery is J9 connection with 12 pin. for connect the upper front with led lights for power, Hdd, and switch for power and backup, the same is number 2 under the battery that is J10 with 10 pin's.
Then in the right corner is J7 with 4 pin and J14 with 4 pin.

Photo 16 and 18 is better now so you can see what is write on the motherboard with J7 with 4 pin. and J14 with 4 pin.

So then i use my Fedora computer to do this. What program in Fedora C9, do i use for the CP2102.?

Ok Thanks.

AkkJaa...
Attachments:
open | download - Photo 16.JPG (132.1 KB)
open | download - Photo 17.JPG (166.4 KB)
open | download - Photo 18.JPG (159.6 KB)
September 13, 2020 03:29AM
Hi Bodhi,

Yes, but if the J7 is the serial header, there is 4 diffrent pins. you have.:-

1 with name R305
1 with name R299
1 with name R303
1 with name R348

So how do i find the right one to the cable's i must connect.?

Because if i connect wrong and if it is some power there i can damage something.

Okay thanks,

AkkJaa...
September 13, 2020 03:47AM
AkkJaa,

There is extensive documentation regarding this device at http://natisbad.org/NAS3/index.html. This includes information regarding serial access. The RN102 is similar and his page for that device gives a better visual of connecting the serial dongle.

Ray
September 13, 2020 04:37AM
AkkJaa,

So how do i find the right one to the cable's i must connect.?

Check natisbad.org like Ray said above, to see if you can tell if your box is the same as what described on that page. If it is, then you don't need to figure out the pinouts.

====

The serial header pinouts is relatively easy to figure out if you have a multimeter.

With the box powered on, use the meter to find the 3.3V pin (most likely pin 1 or pin 4). And then the GND pin should be the other one (1 or 4). Use the multimeter continuity check to confirm the GND.

The TXD and RXD are usually in the middle 2 pins. The RXD pin voltage would be 0.0 V. The TXD is near 3.3V when it transmits data.

-bodhi
Forum Wiki
September 14, 2020 01:21AM
Hi Bodhi and Ray,

I will check out the web page, Yes i have multimeter. 3 of them. and i will find out what pin is what.

Thanks again.

AkkJaa...
September 14, 2020 12:39PM
Hi,

Now i have use a multimeter. So J7 is like this.:-

Between R305 and C348 is + 3,3V.
Between R305 and R299 is + 3,3V.
Between R305 and R303 is + 3,3V.

Between C348 and R299 is 0.
Between C348 and R303 is 0.
Between R299 and R303 is 0.

So then is the R303 GND.

Here i upload 3 photo where i start up NetGear RN10400 and you see what it is in the display and the power and backup led flashing all the time.

Thanks.

AkkJaa
Attachments:
open | download - Photo 19.JPG (125.5 KB)
open | download - Photo 20.JPG (89.1 KB)
open | download - Photo 21.JPG (117.9 KB)
September 14, 2020 01:13PM
Hi Bodhi and Ray,

I have look at the links and the serial is J14 and not J7. And it can be connected without take apart the Netgear cabinett, Okay then i will try read some more and see how to do this. Because it is something very wrong with this RN10400 motherboard.

Okay thanks again.

AkkJaa...
September 14, 2020 04:24PM
AkkJaa,

> I have look at the links and the serial is J14 and
> not J7. And it can be connected without take
> apart the Netgear cabinett,

Cool!

The behavior of the box now seems to be: it tried to boot from NAND, but it failed to do so (probably the envs are messed up). So it looked for a recovery USB but could not find it either.

Now you need to run picocom on Fedora and get the serial console log, and post here.

-bodhi
Forum Wiki
September 15, 2020 07:24PM
Hi Bodhi,

Now i have start up my Fedora C9 computer, And i can't find the Picocom program. I file search on the computer but can't find it. And when i search on dmesg and lsusb it cone up with 2 Directories. with a lot of files in each directorie for each program. But what file start the program's and where do you run the programs from.?

Then something must be wrong about the connecting with the CP2102.
Now i have connect the CP2102. like This.:-

CP2102 GND to the GND on the motherboard.
CP2102 RXD to the RX on the motherboard.
CP2102 TXD to the TX on the motherboard.

Just this 3 cable is connected.

Then i connect the USB cable to the linux computer and a red light come on on the CP2102. Then the RN10400 do not start up. iven if i push power it will not start up. Nothing, It just flash 1 time for about 1 sec. in the display where the message. Boot from USB Failed!. is write as in the photo i uploaded, then nothing.

Then when i disconnect the USB cable from the linux computer, then the RN10400 start up right away when i plug in the power cable just like before. BUT now also start the red light in the CP2102 without the USB cabel connected in the linux computer.

So if there shell be no power on the 3 cable i have connected then it shell be no light to. Therefor there must be something wrong the photo on the link because i have connected just like in the photo. But the pic. is not the same as on my motherboard. But hi write that is the same from RN10200 to RN10400.

I think i shell use the multimeter on the J14 and see what is wrong there.
Yeah, when it come to led lights it can light with very little power, so i think i see with the multimeter again.

Now i upload the photo from behind of the RN10400 and with conneced the CP2102 without connect the USB cable in the linux computer. but the RN10400 is on. So you see the red light is on.

Okay thanks.

AkkJaa..

Okay now i have Measured the pins with the multimeter from RN10400 and on the Photo from the link that must be wrong. Because that photo say that the pin up to left is RX and the up to right is TX then pin down under to the left is GND and pin Down to the right is +3,3V

Well, i use a multimeter now and i find +3,3V between RX and GND and nothing on the other pin's. And when i swich the multimeter cable between GND and RX then i find -3,3V. so the + side on this must be GND on the photo from the link. and the - side is RX on the Photo from the link. Because i can't find enything on the other pins from the motherboard.

But the motherboard is not simular from behind. is you see on the photos.

Okay again and thanks.

AkkJaa....
Attachments:
open | download - Photo 22.JPG (99.9 KB)
open | download - Photo 23.JPG (116.8 KB)
open | download - Photo 24.JPG (118.2 KB)
September 15, 2020 10:46PM
AkkJaa,

> Now i have start up my Fedora C9 computer, And i
> can't find the Picocom program. I file search on
> the computer but can't find it. And when i search
> on dmesg and lsusb it cone up with 2 Directories.
> with a lot of files in each directorie for each
> program. But what file start the program's and
> where do you run the programs from.?

If you cannot find the minicom or picocom then you need to install it on Fedora. At command line:

which minicom
which picocom

Like I've posted in previous post, to run the serial console host, at command line (same for minicom and picocom):

picocom --b 115200 --f n --p n --d 8 /dev/ttyUSB0

> Then something must be wrong about the connecting
> with the CP2102.
> Now i have connect the CP2102. like This.:-
>
> CP2102 GND to the GND on the motherboard.
> CP2102 RXD to the RX on the motherboard.
> CP2102 TXD to the TX on the motherboard.
>
> Just this 3 cable is connected.
>

That's the correct connection for the CP2102. But for experiment to see if it is different, you'd want to try to cross wires: TXD to RXD, RXD to TXD.

On the PL3xx module converter, you do need to cross the wires TXD and RXD.

> So if there shell be no power on the 3 cable i
> have connected then it shell be no light to.
> Therefor there must be something wrong the photo
> on the link.

True.

> Well, i use a multimeter now and i find +3,3V
> between RX and GND and nothing on the other pin's.
> And when i swich the multimeter cable between GND
> and RX then i find -3,3V. so the + side on this
> must be GND on the photo from the link. and the -
> side is RX on the Photo from the link. Because i
> can't find enything on the other pins from the
> motherboard.

This box has different serial header connection than most other boxes (if J14 is correct header like natisbad said). Usually, the serial header looks just like J7 in all other boxes.

I'll take a look at that natisbad webpage and tell you what I think.

-bodhi
Forum Wiki
September 17, 2020 06:35AM
AkkJaa,

I asked other guys in the RN102 thread. Here is the answer:

https://forum.doozan.com/read.php?2,106589,107669#msg-107669

-bodhi
Forum Wiki
tme
September 18, 2020 03:06PM
Hi AkkJaa,

Your RN10400 has its own Netgear product page, but the Product Data Sheet on this page is the same as for RN104, so it seems your box is just an early or late version of RN104. This is consistent with the printed text "RN104_MV_MVT_3.0" on the PCB in your picture. Plus, the same text is printed here, so it is correct that you find the serial console connector behind the white tape in this picture, next to the Reset button.

Then comes this on the display: Boot from USB Failed! and that's all.

To me this indicates that U-Boot itself is OK on your box, so maybe you can do without a serial console.

If I hold in reset and push power then it was already started up when I connected the power line.

Try this:
  1. Disconnect power.
  2. Push and hold the Reset button with a straightened paper clip.
  3. Connect power.
  4. Wait 5+ seconds.
  5. Release the Reset button.
After these 5 seconds all (or most of) the LEDs on the front panel are turned on and the display says "Bootmenu". Hit the Backup button until the display says "Factory Default" as described on page 28 and 29 in the Hardware Manual. Wait 5 minutes for the LEDs to start blinking. Then hit the Backup button to activate. (If the LEDs don't start blinking, check the display for hints.)

If "Factory Default" is not enough, disconnect power, remove all 4 disks and place a single spare HDD or SSD (of any capacity) in Slot 1 (the leftmost one). Enter the "Bootmenu" again, hit the Backup button until the display says "OS reinstall". Hit the Reset button with the paper clip to activate.

When boot completes, verify with a browser that the box' web interface is available. (If you don't know the box' IP address, and it's not available on the display, log into your router to find out. You find the default IP address of the router in its manual. Typically it is 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1.) Power off, insert the 4 disks again and power on. If the web interface is no longer available, there is an issue with your drives.

If "OS reinstall" fails too, connect the spare disk to your PC, remove any existing RAID partitions, insert it in Slot 1 again and retry.

Regards,
Trond Melen
September 26, 2020 11:45AM
Hi Bodhi,
and
Trond M.

Thanks very much for all help. But now i have try what Trond have say. And that is no work. I try to reset, But it not come enything up in the display, Just like before is writeing "Netgear Storage Welcome.." for about 1 sec. Then come up "Boot from USB Failed!" Same as before.

Then i connect the RN10400 to one of my router's and log into the router but it come up with nothing. I disconnect all other tings from the router and try just with the RN10400. But nothing. The lamp behind the RN10400 on LAN plug is blinking and also on the router. and i refresh but still nothing. No new IP nothing at all.

Then i thinking on something i have done some cloneing of disk's. And i have the program AOMEI Backupper Professional Edition 6.0.0

And in that program is it one choice to "Linux - Create Bootable Disk Based on Linux Kernel."

Yes, so i make one USB 32Gb. Linux boot disk. And i put that one in the RN10400 and power up. Or put in the power cable then it start up without push eny switch, Then the same come up with Netgear Storage Welcome.. For about 1 sec. again then it go to "Boot from USB.." and it working with the USB stick for about 10 sec. Then it go back to the same "Boot from USB Failed!"

So now i / we know that the RN10400 reading from USB and looking for something there. But not on eny of the switces. It's blinking all the time on Backup and Power switch. and there is light in ACT lamp and all of the disk's 1 - 4.

Yes so i think i must now go for what Bodhi say and i am agree that J7 must be the serial, Iven some say other because the other it is power in nearly all of the pin's. and that is not right for a serial.

I have also a Ubiquiti Unifi POE switch i will try to connect the RN10400 to that one and logon to the Unifi Poe to manage the network mayby i can find the RN10400 there. I don't know. But i will see.

Okay many thanks to everybody.

I will try some more diffrent things and come back here.

Best Regards

AkkJaa....
September 26, 2020 04:17PM
AkkJaa,

This box has 2 UART ports. And depending on how the BootROM behaves (it should monitor both ports during power up). And then u-boot too, plays a role in accessing either port for its stdin/stout.

So both J14 and J7 should be tried.

-bodhi
Forum Wiki

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2020 04:18PM by bodhi.
October 11, 2020 07:50AM
Hi

I have now install a new Fedora C9 on a other computer and go online and i can't install picocom the program, fedora or something else stop me install it. But i will try to install minicom and see what happen then.

Okay thanks again.

AkkJaa..
tme
October 11, 2020 08:08AM
Hi AkkJaa,

The 'picocom' installation RPM files for Fedora 30, 31, 32 and Rawhide are available here, but 'minicom' should work too. Good luck!

Regards,
Trond Melen
tme
October 11, 2020 08:40AM
AkkJaa
I have now install a new Fedora C9 on a other computer

Hmm. Do you really mean "Fedora Core version 9 (Sulphur)"? According to Wikipedia, this version has not been supported since 2009-07-10.

Regards,
Trond Melen
October 11, 2020 10:13AM
Hi Tme,

Yes the old version, Fedora Core 9. By the way i use it right now... Well, i have now downloaded with my other win 10 computer this files.-

picocom-2.2.tar.gz
minicom-2.00.src.gz

Then i copy them out to a usb stick and from the usb stick into this fedora C9 computer i use now. And i pack them out but i can't install them.

But i connect the CP2102
And start the terminal and it come up like this.-

cp2101 ttyUSB0: cp2101 converter now disconnected from ttyUSB0
cp2101 2-1:1.0: device disconnected
usb 2-1: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 5
usb 2-1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
cp2101 2-1:1.0: cp2101 converter detected
usb 2-1: reset full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 5
usb 2-1: cp2101 converter now attached to ttyUSB0
usb 2-1: New USB device found, idVendor=10c4, idProduct=ea60
usb 2-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
usb 2-1: Product: CP2102 USB to UART Bridge Controller
usb 2-1: Manufacturer: Silicon Labs
usb 2-1: SerialNumber: 0001
[CHF@localhost ~]$

[CHF@localhost ~]$ lsusb
bash: lsusb: command not found
[CHF@localhost ~]$

[CHF@localhost ~]$ which minicom
/usr/bin/minicom
[CHF@localhost ~]$ which picocom
/usr/bin/which: no picocom in (/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/home/CHF/bin)
[CHF@localhost ~]$

Yes, But i have both of the programs in 2 diffrent catalogs and there is some files in each catalog.

Here is what files who are in the differnt catalogs.-

/home/CHF/minicom-2.00.0

/home/CHF/minicom-2.00.0/aux
/home/CHF/minicom-2.00.0/doc
/home/CHF/minicom-2.00.0/extras
/home/CHF/minicom-2.00.0/intl
/home/CHF/minicom-2.00.0/lib
/home/CHF/minicom-2.00.0/man
/home/CHF/minicom-2.00.0/po
/home/CHF/minicom-2.00.0/src
/home/CHF/minicom-2.00.0/ABOUT-NLS
/home/CHF/minicom-2.00.0/acconfig.h
/home/CHF/minicom-2.00.0/acinclude.m4
/home/CHF/minicom-2.00.0/aclocal.m4
/home/CHF/minicom-2.00.0/AUTHORS
/home/CHF/minicom-2.00.0/ChangeLog
/home/CHF/minicom-2.00.0/config.h.in
/home/CHF/minicom-2.00.0/configure
/home/CHF/minicom-2.00.0/configure.in
/home/CHF/minicom-2.00.0/COPYING
/home/CHF/minicom-2.00.0/FILE_ID.DIZ
/home/CHF/minicom-2.00.0/INSTALL
/home/CHF/minicom-2.00.0/Makefile.am
/home/CHF/minicom-2.00.0/Makefile.in
/home/CHF/minicom-2.00.0/minicom.spec
/home/CHF/minicom-2.00.0/minicom.spec.in
/home/CHF/minicom-2.00.0/NEWS
/home/CHF/minicom-2.00.0/README
/home/CHF/minicom-2.00.0/stamp-h.in

/home/CHF/picocom-2.2

/home/CHF/picocom-2.2/linenoise-1.0
/home/CHF/picocom-2.2/CHANGES.old
/home/CHF/picocom-2.2/CONTRIBUTORS
/home/CHF/picocom-2.2/fdio.c
/home/CHF/picocom-2.2/fdio.h
/home/CHF/picocom-2.2/LICENSE.txt
/home/CHF/picocom-2.2/Makefile
/home/CHF/picocom-2.2/pcasc
/home/CHF/picocom-2.2/pcxm
/home/CHF/picocom-2.2/pcym
/home/CHF/picocom-2.2/pczm
/home/CHF/picocom-2.2/picocom.1
/home/CHF/picocom-2.2/picocom.1.html
/home/CHF/picocom-2.2/picocom.1.md
/home/CHF/picocom-2.2/picocom.1.pdf
/home/CHF/picocom-2.2/picocom.c
/home/CHF/picocom-2.2/README.md
/home/CHF/picocom-2.2/split.c
/home/CHF/picocom-2.2/split.h
/home/CHF/picocom-2.2/term.c
/home/CHF/picocom-2.2/term.h
/home/CHF/picocom-2.2/termbits2.h
/home/CHF/picocom-2.2/termios2.c
/home/CHF/picocom-2.2/termios2.h
/home/CHF/picocom-2.2/termios2.txt
/home/CHF/picocom-2.2/TODO

Yes, So now i wonder how i install both of this.

And if there is a way to upgarde this Fedora to a better ver. Or mayby run Ubuntu on it. i don't know what is best. or debain.

Thanks again.

AkkJaa.....
October 11, 2020 10:29AM
Hi Tme,

I got this when i try to enter this site with this Fedora computer, Wait i will try win 10 computer. Okay i get in with that computer. But not with this one. Yes okay i see in there is a million of them but i don't fine eny to download.

https://pkgs.org/download/picocom

An error occurred during a connection to pkgs.org:443.

Cannot communicate securely with peer: no common encryption algorithm(s).

(Error code: ssl_error_no_cypher_overlap)

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to pkgs.org.

Cannot communicate securely with peer: no common encryption algorithm(s).

(Error code: ssl_error_no_cypher_overlap)

The page you are trying to view can not be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.

* Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem.

Okay thanks again.

AkkJaa...
tme
October 11, 2020 10:31AM
Hi AkkJaa,

You are running an outdated, unsupported and obsolete version of Linux, so you can't expect programs depending on current libraries to work.

> And if there is a way to upgrade this Fedora to a better version. Or maybe run Ubuntu on it. I don't know what is best. Or Debian.

I recommend you do a clean install of Fedora, Ubuntu or Debian from a bootable USB stick with the latest version. If you can't decide which one, check Reader Ratings at Distrowatch.com https://distrowatch.com/ .

Regard,
Trond Melen
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.