Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

interchange SD cards between 2 pogopiugs

Posted by tvilberg 
tvilberg
interchange SD cards between 2 pogopiugs
November 21, 2012 07:17AM
Hi Jeff.

First, thanks for all of this, from all of us.

I have installed uboot on a second pogoplug (the first was ping and the second black, but identical memory and debian linux) The pink one has an IP of 192.168.0.4 and the black is at 192.168.0.3.

The pink one boots off of an 8GB SD and the black off a 16GB SD. Both run debian just fine (thanks again). I'd like to clone the system from the pink to the black, but am haviong problems. My initial attempts were to verify that the SD cards were intercahngablle between machines.

Since I assumed that the only difference between the two was on the SD card, I put the pink SD card into the black plug. But it won't boot. It never registers with the router even on repeated attempts.

Since I can't use the SD card from one pogo to boot the other, is there a way to set up one pogoplug and then easily clone it to other plugs? I know I'd have to change the IP address and maybe the device name, but that should be simple. What am I missing here.
tvilberg
Re: interchange SD cards between 2 pogopiugs
November 21, 2012 07:31AM
The above incorrectly refers to SD cards when it SHOULD have been USB thumb drives. Sorry.
Re: interchange SD cards between 2 pogopiugs
November 21, 2012 04:09PM
To swap the USB boot drive from one box to another, you'll need to make some modifcations in 2 files (the numbers 70 and 75 might be different depending on your installation).

/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules
/lib/udev/rules.d/75-persistent-net-generator.rules

See this thread for the discussion:
http://forum.doozan.com/read.php?2,9771,9772#msg-9772

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2012 04:10PM by bodhi.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.