Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stora MS2110 kwboot

Posted by Hybrid_Greg 
Stora MS2110 kwboot
April 07, 2021 11:56AM
Hi Guys.

So it happened! I bricked my Stora last night, when tried to flash new U-boot.
It's completely dead, fan is spinning as soon as I connect power and no serial output at all.
I'm trying to use kwboot, but can't get past
root@debian:/home/user/Desktop/kwboot-tool# ./kwboot -t /dev/ttyUSB0 -b uboot.2017.07-tld-1.netgear_ms2110.mtd0.kwb -p
Sending boot message. Please reboot the target...-
I'm running the command and then connecting power to Stora, is there anything I'm doing wrong?
Or is there another way of bringing it back to life?
Thank you
Re: Stora MS2110 kwboot
April 07, 2021 05:16PM
Hybrid_Greg,

> So it happened! I bricked my Stora last night,
> when tried to flash new U-boot.
> It's completely dead, fan is spinning as soon as I
> connect power and no serial output at all.
> I'm trying to use kwboot, but can't get past
>
> root@debian:/home/user/Desktop/kwboot-tool#
> ./kwboot -t /dev/ttyUSB0 -b
> uboot.2017.07-tld-1.netgear_ms2110.mtd0.kwb -p
> Sending boot message. Please reboot the
> target...-
>
> I'm running the command and then connecting power
> to Stora, is there anything I'm doing wrong?

Unfortunately, there are some Stora boxes that don't have UART booting. If you have tried this many times and unsuccessful, then your box might be one of those.

Keep varrying the timing. Such as start kwboot right after power up, before power up, and gradually increase the timing from immediate to longer wait time.

5 second period is a good maximum test period.

When all failed, the last test is: start kwboot before power up, and wait for few minutes.

> Or is there another way of bringing it back to
> life?

This box should have JTAG port like all other Kirkwood boxes. You will need to solder the JTAG header to the board and then follow joerg's instruction in:

https://forum.doozan.com/read.php?3,21789

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
Re: Stora MS2110 kwboot
July 26, 2021 10:55PM
There is actually not an unpopulated pin header for jtag on these boxes. Access jtag via the testpoints on the board: https://sigri44.github.io/OpenStora/wiki/index_Jtag_Pinout.html
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.