Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problems when i reflash the uboot

Posted by tobi88 
tobi88
Problems when i reflash the uboot
December 24, 2011 05:12AM
Hello,

i have an Problem. I had erase the complett NAND. I tried to reflash the uboot over JTAG (openOCD).
But the Dockstar want Boot :-( I only get this Message:

[IMG]http://img6.imagebanana.com/img/6tmms3uj/thumb/Unbenannt.JPG[/IMG]

What can i try??
Johannes
Re: Problems when i reflash the uboot
December 24, 2011 10:12AM
You successfully flashed the boot loader. Now you need to configure the boot scripts to tell the boot loader what to do (or type in the boot commands manually). Jeff's default environment is here:

http://jeff.doozan.com/debian/uboot/files/environment/

That's a binary file which Jeff's boot loader expects at flash memory address 0xc0000. Instead of flashing the binary file, an alternative is to extract the strings from the binary and set the configuration interactively. Either way you must then set the ethaddr variable to the Ethernet MAC address of your Dockstar (six hex values separated by colons, printed on the bottom label).
Tobi88
December 24, 2011 10:47AM
@Johannes

Thank you for your answear. I have try to reflash the uboot to 0x800000 and the envirnoment to 0xc0000.
But there is the same problem. I dont cant change any thing at the serial terminal.
When i give openocd the command " resume 0x800200" it prints the error and i cant stop the autoboot :(

Is there a uboot version thats doesnt need the environment?

Sorry for my bad English
Johannes
December 24, 2011 11:05AM
The boot loader is supposed to be at flash address 0x0. Anyway, you are at the Marvell>> prompt and should be able to interactively enter boot loader commands. Are you sure you have a working serial connection?
Tobi88
December 24, 2011 12:43PM
Yes i have a working serial connections, but the strange think is, i dont can to any think.
When i press Enter there are do nothing :(
tobi88
February 16, 2012 05:19PM
i don´t get it fix :(
can somewone please dump the nand from an working dockstar and upload it?
on with adress is the uboot and the environment? i think my probleme ist that something miss on my empty nand :(
February 16, 2012 05:58PM
tobi, you already have it fixed... really

try this, and post back your output...
printenv

=====================================================
tobi88
March 11, 2012 04:17PM
hey davy i can´t typ anything at the serial terminal after i run "resume 0x800200" the dockstar restart the uboot at flash and print the enviroment error, i can´t stop the autoboot. The NAND ist Empty, i erased it :(
March 13, 2012 11:14PM
well... what are you trying to achieve by typing "resume 0x800200" ?
just let it boot to
Marvell>
then enter
printenv
then show us the outputs
of course the nand can't be empty if the board knows who it is. If the nand would be empty it would not show you any output on the serial console. So you definitely not bricked your dockstar.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.