Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fw_setenv no longer available in u-boot-tools

Posted by LeggoMyEggo 
Fw_setenv no longer available in u-boot-tools
January 02, 2023 06:04AM
Went to modify uInitrd load address for greater than 12M uInitrd for a E02 upgraded to the latest Kirkwood 6 kernel and discovered fw_setenv is no longer included in u-boot-tools and is therefor not available at the command line. This appears to be for Bullseye and later Debian versions. Easy enough to fix with serial console but unexpected nonetheless. Did I miss something somewhere bodhi?
Re: Fw_setenv no longer available in u-boot-tools
January 02, 2023 03:16PM
LME,

It was burried under the bullseye rootfs release notes.

https://forum.doozan.com/read.php?2,12096

1. I realized I've missed one package that needs to be installed in order to make fw_printenv and fw_setenv available (these binaries have been moved to package libubootenv-tool in bullseye) . So do this if you want to list or set envs in Debian.

apt-get install libubootenv-tool

Lots of time, exprienced users like yourself don't need the new rootfs, so it is easy to miss that.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
January 02, 2023 04:10PM
Oh now I remember reading that, been a little while. Easy fix, bought another E02 recently at a price I could not resist. Nice shiny black one saved from e-cycling. Joins the club of over 30 Pogoplug(19), Kace (7), Cisco (2), Globalscale (6) and Akitio (1)devices.
January 03, 2023 12:21AM
> Joins the club of over 30
> Pogoplug(19), Kace (7), Cisco (2), Globalscale (6)
> and Akitio (1)devices.

Welcome to the club of pogoplugs fanatics :))

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.