Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

no led, serial not working

Posted by basti523 
no led, serial not working
July 28, 2014 11:39AM
hi,

i have a pogoplug e02 (pink). i have installed an archlinux and played a lot with different installs. A half year ago i tried a new boot loader and after that i was not able to boot the device any longer. It wont boot from usb stick and it wont boot from nand flash.

Now i have some more freetime, so i tried to get up a serial connection.
The wiring (tx <> rx, rx <> tx, gnd) is definitively right and the pl2303 driver is installed correctly.
With putty i can connect on my COM port with the right baud rate and so on, but there is no output at all.

The front led is not glowing, never. when i push the reset button on the motherboard the ethernet port led is blinking one time and then nothing.

Is there another way to unbrick my device? any other ideas?

greez Basti

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2014 02:29PM by basti523.
Re: no led, serial not working
July 28, 2014 05:33PM
basti523,

> The front led is not glowing, never. when i push
> the reset button on the motherboard the ethernet
> port led is blinking one time and then nothing.

I'm afraid it sounds like you've messed up your NAND mtd0 where u-boot is. The Pogo E02 does not have UART booting, AFAIK. The only way to recover is JTAG.

On the very slim chance that somehow your Pogo E02 has an appropriate boot ROM, you can try UART booting first using my latest u-boot build, before trying JTAG.

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.