Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

newer uboot for pogoplug series 4?

Posted by t3ch42 
newer uboot for pogoplug series 4?
March 02, 2014 07:18PM
Hey guys.
I have been very happy with my plug since I made the change to Debian, and have not had too many issues once I had it set up. Unfortunately, it seems that the system is very temperamental.
My series 4 has had some issues since the last update was released a few weeks ago.
I loaded it up the first time and it seemed to work well. I wanted to make a working backup that was tailored to my apps, twonky server, webmin, my NFS shares etc.
After reinstalling the USB to the plug, it never seemed to work quite right. I think the uboot may be part of the problem.
I have my variables set to boot a rootfs drive, but it seems if there is an image on any of the drives installed that it gets confused. My netconsole shows no errors and the device boots to a green led,but doesn't show up in the network and is all but invisible.
I can reset the USB completely and start over, but each time when I get my two USB media drives plugged in, things go haywire again.
I see some talk about updated uboots, but haven't seen anything specifically about the series 4 that has been established as the defined version to use.
Can someone point me in the right direction? I think it had to be a simple solution but I have not found it yet.
Thanks again.
Re: newer uboot for pogoplug series 4?
March 02, 2014 07:51PM
You need to use rootfs label when booting with multiple drives:
http://forum.doozan.com/read.php?3,8044,8152#msg-8152

Which uBoot are you running? stock u-Boot or davygravy? if it's stock then use blparam, don't use fw_setenv:
http://forum.doozan.com/read.php?3,11538

-bodhi
===========================
Forum Wiki
bodhi's corner (buy bodhi a beer)
Re: newer uboot for pogoplug series 4?
March 02, 2014 08:35PM
I have been using davygravy's uboot with the /disk/by/label etc with mmc boot.
I never had too much luck with that though. I set it with the labels, and during my initial setup, everything works OK. I'll see how things work out here shortly. Going through another fresh install.
Update: couldn't post a new comment so just editing this one.
It seems I had some junk in my fstab that I copied from an earlier build.
I use mhddfs to combine 2 tb drives as a single r/o device, and I think either that line or the earlier uuid mounts held up the boot sequence. I wouldn't have thought that would interfere with the init scripts though..?
I don't have a serial connected, so its a little difficult to see what happens after it loads from the USB rootfs.
Thanks for reading.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2014 08:32AM by t3ch42.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.